Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Editorial: Work up to the widdly bits
  • chipps

Chipps reminds us not to try to skip to the end… When I was about 16 I borrowed an electric guitar from a friend, with the usual teenage ambitions o …

By chipps

Get the full story here:

Editorial: Work up to the widdly bits

racefaceec90

my bike handling skills are bloody awful still (as is my guitar playing). have been cycling most of my 48 years on this earth and at least 20 plus trying to play guitar too. seriously i cannot so much as bunnyhop or wheelie. and i still get the riff of spirit of radio by rush wrong/play it badly (and i have tried playing it literally 1000’s of times  over the years). i can muddle my way through the whole song but seriously am no great shakes at it lol.

can definitely relate to what you have said for sure @chipps 🙂

chipps

Cheers @racefaceec90! I’ve found that kit doesn’t make that much of a difference either. You can still be a bad rider on a great bike, or a great rider on an inexpensive bike… No substitute for hard work apparently… 🙂

reeksy

From my own riding, watching my kids learning their bike skills, and coaching other kids this is indeed a really important point.

The Professional Mountain Bike Instructor* training focuses on six essential skills that are required for mountain biking, and the implementation of those skills just get better and better the higher the level of riding. Our coach showed us a video of the Yeti Enduro team – Richie Rude et al – weaving through cones as part of their training, just like the eight year olds I coach… but at warp speed down a ridiculously steep fire trail.

And btw, hardtail lines are the best lines.

*I am in no way professional

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.