Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Editing a PDF
  • highclimber
    Free Member

I have a PDF I need to edit. I have tried converting using a PDF to word converter online but it only converted less than 25%. is there any free programs out there that will allow me to edit my PDF (add text and images etc)

thanks

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I read the other day that Open Office can do this. I've never tried it though

nickjb
    Free Member

Upload it to PDFescape, edit it on-line, download it. Works pretty well

highclimber
    Free Member

tried that but the PDF is bigger than the 2MB limit 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

highclimber – how big's the file and what are you tyring to do? I've got Adobe Acrobat at work so could give it a quick shot if it's nothing complicated. No guarantees though 😉

highclimber
    Free Member

thanks for the offer but i'm trying to edit a user guide for a peice of software so requires knowledge of it and I need to include pictoral diagrams too!

nickjb
    Free Member

If its work related can you get the original file?

highclimber
    Free Member

all ok I think now. downloaded open office and the sun PDF import extention. seems to work ok! 🙂 thanks guys

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

PDFs are designed as the end product really, not as something which is an editable file. There are various botches and ways round it for simple tweaks, but the intention is that you go back to whatever application created the file in the first place, make the amends and then re-distill a PDF from that.

CountZero

If you have it then open the PDF in Illustrator, that will allow you to edit everything and save back as a PDF. I thing Photoshop can do it, but Illustrator give better results I think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Editing a PDF’ is closed to new replies.