Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ebay kind of problem.
  • tails
    Free Member

So the other week I put two frames on fleabay both had a fair few watchers and the bids started to come in, I then received offers on both the frames which i felt were fair so accepted one chap collected the frame in person.

The other chap emailed again saying he can't pay until next week I said I'm not pulling the ad until I get payed he said can he send me a £100 deposit and pay the rest later I said if I get £100 I'll pull the ad but won't send the frame, he said great.

So last Thurs or fri £100 arrived in cash, I pulled the ad and emailed to say money received, he didn't reply, I sent another mail this week saying have you sent the rest of the money so I can post the frame, no reply.

So what to do? I'm really hoping he does not ask for the money back as I'll be asking for money to cover my fees, but equally I want shot of the frame.

highclimber
    Free Member

tough one really. Id give him a little longer as he's not likely to forget he paid £100 already! if he does decide to not go ahead and asks for his money, I would refund and just tell him that you will take out your listing fees off the £100.

tails
    Free Member

yeah sure I will hang onto the frame for a while longer.

Jamie
    Free Member

He might be dead? In which case your £100 up.

highclimber
    Free Member

He might be dead? In which case your £100 up.

Good times! 😀

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Depending on how mean your feeling, you could treat it as a nonrefundable deposit, or take a cut out for your time

highclimber
    Free Member

I wouldn't take any unnecessary cost out other than the listing fees out of good will. Nobody likes a tnuc

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Lol, I just have bad feelings about ebay recently. to many sellers trying to muck me around

geetee1972
    Free Member

to many sellers trying to muck me around

That's so out of order. You'd never catch me doing that.

Anyone interested in an XTR Chainring? Offers over £26.

trout
    Free Member

I had that with a buyer sold the EFI gear of a range rover guy paid but never came to collect
    12 months later I sold it again
    about a month later the first guy mailed asking if I still had it .

I said no but would refund the money if he sent his paypal details he never sent them .

Spongebob
    Free Member

Give it a week. If matey doesn't stump up, relist the item and keep the £100 for now.

If the guy kicks off, make him dance for his dinner (he messed you about, right?)

After a week or so, let him have his money back, less your costs.

I'm sure the fxxkwads at Gaypal/fleabay will charge you their fees, but will give him a refund and without consulting you.

eBay customer service sucks! Paypal customer service sucks!

Expect a load of grief from them!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Did he live in Cumbria 😯

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Did he live in Cumbria

Thats just a tad harsh, but extremely funny

tails
    Free Member

Spongebob he sent me cash, he did send it recorded though so no chance of paypal getting involved.

Hope the lads alright as actually as he seemed sound until he stopped replying.

tails
    Free Member

This saga is still ongoing, after asking for my address again and then still not sending the money, I messaged him to say come on cheque or cash.

He started saying how he wants to use paypal, as he lost some cash in the post with another seller (I'm not surprised, but I did receive my cash) I said I'll ask my friend if I can use their paypal, but have had no reply so messaged him to say just send a cheque. He then replies saying "I have £85 in my paypal" Not the brightest bulb in the box!

I'm tempted to tell him to swing for it, as It's been 3 weeks!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

If you get really stuck you can use my paypal addy, seem to remember you live in the same Cambs town as me.
    Money would have to be in my bank account before I handed over any cash though

bruneep

why don't you have paypal?

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought you had to have Paypal to list on eBay thee days?

DezB
    Free Member

I said I'll ask my friend if I can use their paypal

Its in the Ebay rules, that you have to accept Paypal if the buyer prefers that payment method.
    But if I've read right, you've bypassed the Ebay rules anyway, by accepting an offer outside the auction and closing the auction?
    In that case you are you're own worse enemy.

tails
    Free Member

In that case you are you're own worse enemy.

Not really as he's already sent me £100 in cash, plus I avoid paying the expensive fees o part of them anyway.

I do have paypal but it's attached to my CC so I can only send payment. I might take you up on the offer TT.

Just gonna message the lad again as, I'd like to get shot of the frame. I even chucked some haribo in the box, I might remove them now.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ebay kind of problem.’ is closed to new replies.