Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ebay global shipping – Don't like the sound of that!
  • tthew

Anyone else just had the e-mail about automatic enrolment into global shipping? Send stuff to e-bay’s central hub and they post it abroad, but won’t deal with any returns or complains.

Looks like you can only choose to opt out after the automatic enrolment is complete. Along with the sky high fees this seems like another good reason to not bother with ebay in future. Shame that they have moved so far away from their original concept.

DezB
    Free Member

Got this a few months ago. Was simple enough to opt out, following the instructions they give, so I did it immediately. Why the hell would I want to ship the 1 or 2 things I sell a year through that service?!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 just opt-out

peterfile
    Free Member

I just sent something internationally using this.

It was a doddle. Clicked a couple of buttons online and ebay automatically generated the shipping label and took payment, then I just popped it in the post. Job done and it was tracked all the way to the buyer in italy. I’d never normally open things up to international bidders, but this service has just made it more appealing.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

whilst conceptually good ..in practice turned out to be a pita. Item sent to uk warehouse and then lost in the postal system in France.

Dispute raised by buyer and had to provide signed and tracked evidence otherwise wouldve defaulted and buyer wins. The problem is you have no control over the quality of the overseas delivery company and hence I suppose if the item is damaged it comes under question.

Funny how paypal couldnt talk to ebay to acertain that the item was dispatched from uk warehouse.. Still flawed at the moment

barkm
    Free Member

hmm sure I read that provided you get it to the uk distribution centre you’re protected from any feedback/refund issues related to the onward dispatch.

I’ve used it, no complaints.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I used it last week to send to a buyer in France. I thought that once ebay receive the parcel in the UK then its down to them to ensure it’s delivered.

spacehopper

whilst the delivery idea behind this seems ok in principal..

from what i read if their is a problem with the item the buyer cant return the shipment through the same system.. potentially leaving you the seller with potentially a big return postage bill!

i opted out immediately anyway.. shipping ebay stuff abroad is the stuff of nightmares when things go wrong or you get a dodgy buyer..

tthew

from what I read if their is a problem with the item the buyer cant return the shipment through the same system.. potentially leaving you the seller with potentially a big return postage bill!

That’s my understanding too.

If it really is at eBay’s risk once it gets to their hub, they will have to open everything to conform condition before repackaging and sending on. They don’t appear to be accepting that risk from cheekymonkey’s experience.

Gary_M
    Free Member

mm if the onus isn’t on eBay to deal with the international buyer if there’s an issue with delivery then I’m out.

paladin

from what i read if their is a problem with the item the buyer cant return the shipment through the same system.. potentially leaving you the seller with potentially a big return postage bill!

Surely with ebay the buyer is liable for return postage?

tthew

Not if they’ve reported it as faulty or mis-described.
    Possibly.
    Probably.
    Oh hell, I don’t know. Think I might close my account altogether, more trouble than it’s worth and I rarely even buy stuff from there now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ebay global shipping – Don't like the sound of that!’ is closed to new replies.