Home Forums Chat Forum EasyJet cancellations

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 206 total)
  • EasyJet cancellations
  • bob_summers

What’s the crack? They’re emailing saying flights can be changed without a transfer fee, but I’m 99.9% sure my flight on the 7th BIO-MCR is going nowhere.

I do have to travel at some point, but surely better to wait for it to be officially cancelled and get a refund, rather than move it?

Anyone in the same boat (lol) at the moment?

wait4me

I requested a refund on a cancelled flight a week ago. Shows as Refund Pending. I’m not holding my breath in all honesty.

Murray

If they don’t refund, issue a chargeback through your credit card

imnotverygood

I requested a refund on a cancelled flight a week ago. Shows as Refund Pending. I’m not holding my breath in all honesty.

How does this work? Do they notify you that the flight is cancelled & then off a refund. Supposed to be flying end of April but there has been no information about it apart from the change flights offer & there is nothing that I can see on the website about claiming a refund.

wait4me

yes that’s what happened with me. Flight was last Thursday, they cancelled on the Monday I think. Obviously Spain had declared the state of emergency by that stage.

poolman
    Free Member

Yes await tell they cancel you, not you them. I got the invite to change for free today. Even Ryanair emailed me the refund application as they cancelled me.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I’ve received the cancellation email from easy jet, but can someone tell me how to get the option of a refund? It just sends me to “manage booking” where I can change flights, but can’t find a refund bit.
    Am I being stoopid?

nickc

supposed to be flying with them to Basque MTB in April which is obviously not going ahead. I’d happily delay the Holiday to next year, but Easyjet only have flights until Feb ’21, and there’s no more information. Emailed them today, but I’m not hoping for much info TBH.

andy5390

I’ve received the cancellation email from easy jet, but can someone tell me how to get the option of a refund? It just sends me to “manage booking” where I can change flights, but can’t find a refund bit.
    Am I being stoopid?

I’m waiting for my cancellation email, flights on 28th May. I was just reading on FB that, the best way for a refund is to call them direct. You may need to be patient

nicko74

We got the same email today. Apparently in order to get a refund you have to call them on the CS number (which is so well hidden I can’t find it), and wait on hold for a loooong time.

Which is pretty shocking, but not totally unexpected given their business model I guess?

wait4me

There’s definitely something in Manage Booking. That’s how I cancelled mine. If you can’t see it on your phone maybe try on a laptop. Got a feeling I could see it on one but not the other.

nickc

call them direct

yeah, good luck with that, you’ll just get the  “we’re busy, call back later” message, then cut off.v frustrating

grim168
    Free Member

We are flying tomorrow morning to Berlin. I’m guessing flight will show as cancelled at midnight, at mo it’s still not cancelled. Tried ringing today, no chance tried Facebook chat nope. Tried submitting an online form. As others I shan’t hold my breath. Even Ryanair gave my mate an automatic refund for an April flight.

bob_summers

So hang on for them to cancel then try and get a refund? Spain’s lockdown is til the 11th at least, and I imagine the UK will be properly under the cosh by then so there’s no danger of the flight leaving.

I’d be happy to move the flights too, but to when? 3mths from now? 6? Refund seems wiser atm.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

I got the email too & have a booking on the 18th April to Mallorca. They have cancelled the flights up to a few days before this but just offered to transfer my booking at the moment. My hotel has cancelled & I just need EasyJet to do the same. I assume if I cancel there will be a cost. I’m hanging on to my Holiday insurance but even if this covers me I’ll get hit with the excess.

macdubh

i tried to move the flight, yes the £29.99 change fee has been removed, however the return leg was £800+ for the flight. I made a new booking on the same flight for £29!

Ive requested a cancellation several times via email and twitter but no response yet. I cant see a cancellation button.

5lab
    Free Member

I’ve had two sets of cancelled flights with them. First set (resort in greece) was cancelled early (3 weeks out) and I had an option to get a refund, which I took. Second set (lyon, so 3 flights a day) is being cancelled on a rolling 4 days out – so my outbound has been cancelled but not my inbound. I also can’t see a button to click for a refund – I think this might be because I had checked into the second set of flights before this all kicked off. Anyway, I’ll wait till both legs are cancelled (inbound is on sunday so still showing available) then give them a ring if it doesn’t refund automatically.

I think the attempt is to get as many people to move their flights as possible, which if you’re a company with a MASSIVE short term cash flow issue, is fairly understandable

dashed
    Free Member

Yep, they’ve removed the “refund” option from the website so you have to ring now – but of course you can’t get through… I’ve a flight to GVA this Thurs cancelled, return leg next Monday not yet cancelled. I’ll wait until they cancel both and try and ring.

wait4me

Surely they’ll fold and we will just be creditors. No way they can afford to refund unless they sell a few planes. And my Mk1 Soul is probably worth more than an A320.

eskay

I had my refund yesterday but it is not for the full amount (over £100 short from memory). Will have to call to find out what is going on…..

Edit: I have just had a thought, easyJet released a chunk of flights up to next Feb and I booked a couple of really cheap flights (taking a punt on being able to travel next Feb and them still being in business). The flights were about the amount missing, I will need to look into it.

fatmountain
    Free Member

What are the chances we’ll be flying again in May? Unlikely? Hard to imagine at the moment isnt it.

I had flights for mid-April, leaving to BARACA in 3 weeks. Given the hostilities visitors are now facing in rural communities, I’m not even sure it’s a good idea to go bikepacking any time soon…

tthew

Also had the re-schedule your flight e-mail, but no details about refunds. Assume they will wait until the last minute for that to give people the maximum time to get nervous and re-book rather than requesting money back.

Think I’ll add my API and check in as normal, I’m only in the hole for £95, but Easyjet have form for trying to wriggle out of their EU mandated refunds and compensation payments, so I’m loathe to let them off with it.

eskay

Is the compensation system still in place for coronavirus cancelled flights?

oldtennisshoes

I cancelled my Easyjet flight on 16/3 – no refund showing yet.

The return leg for the trip is with KLM, which hasn’t yet been cancelled.
    I could cash in for a voucher, but I’ve no confidence they will survive as a business and so it could be worthless.
    I’m guessing that the best approach is to let them cancel it and either refund me, or if they do fold claim back through my credit card (Amex).
    Any flaws in this logic?

It’s only a couple of hundred pounds, so in the grand scheme of things isn’t important, but equally, I don’t want to be unnecessarily done over.

grim168
    Free Member

I’m wondering if its worth going via credit card claim

oldtennisshoes

That’s what I’m thinking, but I have to wait for the flight to be cancelled and then them to delay in providing a refund.

tthew

I’m really bad at using my credit card. I’m not disciplined enough to pay it off at the end of the month, so use my debit card for everything. Limited one of my options. 🙁

cbike
    Free Member

It’s the ec 261 form you are after i think. It’s not easy to find on the website.

grim168
    Free Member

Not sure ec261 applies due to it being extraordinary circumstances

tthew

Is the compensation system still in place for coronavirus cancelled flights?

When I was looking up the EC261 thing before, it’s circumstances outside their control so you won’t get the compensation, but you are still entitled to a refund or different flights.

As I understand it. IANAMEP.

grim168
    Free Member

Just got through and got a full refund. 3 to 5 days to hit account. Just sat on cod ringing and ringing. Got answered in minutes on about the 15th try

kilo

Had the cancellation email from Ryanair for a couple of flights, couple of clicks and refund claimed, seemed suspiciously easy.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ryanair eh! Did the refund amount have a minus sign in front of it? Or perhaps O’Leary had his fingers crossed?

P-Jay
    Free Member

We’ve had an email saying we can move put flights for the end of June too. I’m still holding out hope Passportes will go ahead and we’ll be able to travel to do it (responsibly of course). With no other plans I’m not moving them as yet. 🤞🏻

Dickyboy

Wish I hadn’t booked flights through lastminute.com now, only offering a refund voucher, look like they are a mare to deal with & paid with cc over 120days ago – £1300 & not sure how long lastminute will survive for..

dashed
    Free Member

I’m really torn by all this. Use easyJet quite a bit and don’t want them to go under. But I’ve got expensive flights to Geneva for 4 of us on my card. I’d happily take a credit note to use in future if I thought they’d still be around, but no point me moving flights as several of us with young families (or more kids on the way) so unlikely we’ll be able to organise another trip next season.
    And yes, I know the hypocrisy of wanting a refund is only going to contribute to their demise. Like I said, very torn! Had it been cheap flights I’d have been happy to write it off but they’re not cheap (plus bags plus skis etc!)

scuttler

I’m waiting on them pressing X too. I had the rebook invite but uncertainty and timing means I’m hanging out for a refund before hitting the insurance. Its obviously a torrid time for the airlines but as school holiday flights they weren’t cheap.

FB-ATB

My Mum was due to fly to Valencia on the 14th with EasyJet. As it was looking iffy she decided not to go about a week before the flight before the lockdown over there was announced.

She booked the flights ages ago for pennies so wasn’t bothered about a refund. When she phoned to cancel, they offered to rebook for free later in the year.

bob_summers

I’ll use the flights at some point so happy to rebook for summer (travelling with family). But the deadline for that is 31/03, when the outlook is going to be no clearer.

No idea what to do. Flights were 250eur or so, so not the end of the world. No insurance. Might just rebook for Xmas hols and hope for the best.

eskay

I finally managed to speak to someone at Easyjet and they refunded me the incorrect amount and the remaining £150ish will be sent within 5 days. So keep an eye on any refunds to check they are correct!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘EasyJet cancellations’ is closed to new replies.