Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 206 total)
  • EasyJet cancellations
  • Kip

Bumping this one to see anyone can help.

Just had an email from easyJet to say our return flight from Italy is cancelled. However the outbound is not (yet).

I’ve requested a refund by filling out the form online. It only asked for booking number, email and am I the lead booker. I’m not expecting it any time soon, but all consumer advice says we are due a refund for both flights.

Has anyone received a full refund for their booking when there was just one cancelled flight?

mehr
    Free Member

I haven’t yet but will do

My outbound to morzine was cancelled Friday and I claimed the refund, however the card I paid with is no longer valid (new bank) I emailed customer service Saturday, they amazingly replied Tuesday and took my new bank details to manually process it

Kip

So only one flight was cancelled but both were refunded when you filled out the form?

Now you mention it, my card has also expired, damn, I’d forgotten that. It’s going to need a call isn’t it?

Kip

@mehr what was the customer services email you used?

mehr
    Free Member

@kip esupport@easyjet.com

If you look on Facebook for easyjet complaints there’s a few more listed but that was the one that replied to me Facebook

Edit I just received an email to say it’s been processed

docrobster
    Free Member

I’ve had an email from easyJet today regarding a refund for a cancelled flight that was due to go on Sunday. I requested a refund as soon as I got the cancellation email 2 weeks ago. It says it will be processed in 30 days. Great. I had another flight cancelled back in April when they were telling everyone to phone up. I initially accepted a voucher and then when online refunds were being processed I applied for one. I started the refund process 2nd of May so nearly 90 days ago.
    I wonder if current/recent refunds are being processed reasonably quickly but old ones aren’t being looked at.
    Has anyone had a refund after initially accepting a voucher? Anyone had a refund from a flight back in March or April? Was much chasing required?
    I’ve emailed the address suggested above.

onehundredthidiot

I received my email today saying the refund would be in 30 days of my initial application. Which is fine but I’ve put two in outward and return as I received two cancellation emails. I’m not worried just a bit confused as both had the same booking number. So processed as one, two halves, or double money back😆?

goslow

My outbound flight scheduled July 27th was cancelled but not the return on August 1st. I applied for a refund and am expecting the whole amount to be refunded in lines with EU (which UK is still classed as part of for this) guidance. Apparently I should be refunded by August 5th.
    It’s just disconcerting that my return flight is still waiting for me to check in and that I’ve recently been told the departure time has changed.

Kip

@goslow, yep, that’s what I am thinking about the refund. It should be the full thing, it’s just concerning that the Return flight is cancelled but outbound is waiting for me to check in!

Ah well, we’ll see what happens. Will drop them am email about the card details though and keep fingers crossed!

mehr
    Free Member

You’ll get both legs refunded as when you claim its based on your booking number

onehundredthidiot

Yep both legs refunded at same times. Got the email today. To be fair to them that’s 21 days from me “applying” for refund to payment and there must be a fair few. Didn’t resort to special numbers or emails just let it happen.

mehr
    Free Member

I received my refund this morning, surprisingly painless

Kip

Rebumping this give an update, maybe for your interest @goslow?

As I was still receiving emails from easyJet relating to my outbound flight (only the return flight in the booking was cancelled) I decided to call the 0161 774 9861 number this morning at 8am.

I was on hold for 2 minutes then straight through to a very helpful person who confirmed the following:

My return flight was cancelled and I had requested an online refund.

I would not be using the outbound flight.

I did not want vouchers, I wanted a refund.

The outbound flight was not currently being refunded as part of the online refund request.

Apparently if you put in a request to refund for your booking but only one leg has been cancelled, although they are duty bound to refund the whole booking, they will only refund the non-cancelled leg if you call them up to request it. 

Both legs have now been refunded and will be back on my card in 7 days, full price of both flights and extras. When I check my bookings I can see there are no bookings to view.

Winner!!

PS. If you got both your flights refunded even though only one was cancelled just by applying online then that’s great. I’m juts telling you what happened with my booking.

PPS. My daughter pointed out that all their hold music involved the word human! Rag’n’Bone Man – Human, The Killers – Human, Not so subliminal messaging perhaps?

duncancallum

So had my flights binned by them…

But I’ve heard a rumour they’re dropping that particular flight.

I can still swap them to a 2021 date foc but if they can the route what then.

Anyone know how you can find if the route is at risk?

Kip

To be honest @duncancallum, I’d go for the refund, unless you absolutely know you want to travel to that place at that time, and you’ll be able to, or your travel insurance will cover ALL reasons for not being able to travel. (Barring the FOC advising against travel there – that should be an automatic refund reason).

However, I’d imagine if they can the route then that’s cancelled flights so you’d be entitled to a refund on the booking.

Also, if you swap I believe there’s no charges but you have to pay the difference. What would that be? I remember looking when this all first kicked off and it was cheaper to buy new flights and lose the cost of the initial flights as the “rebook” price was so much higher than just buying them.

However, IANATAOER (I am not a travel agent or easyJet rep!) so what do I know…skips off to spend refund on ferry to Santander!

duncancallum

I do still and am planning on going to the same place

Flights are showing as available I’m concerned if I rebook or swap and they drop the flight I’m knackered

andy5390

Be aware that you’ll still have to pay any price increases on flights, luggage etc. The FOC refers to the lack of admin fees

toby1

I got an email about my cancellation at the end of August, I completed the request for a refund, but of course my credit card number has changed since it was originally charged. Anyone still waiting for a refund from the end of August ish? I forgot to copy the email to somewhere useful and now seem to have no record of the refund or whether it was on a 30,60,90 day schedule.

Any abuse welcomed for not being well organised 😉

Ignore me, email located and ‘do not contact us unless it has been 90 days’ – what the hell takes 90 days to issue a refund, do sloths write their IT systems in Luton?

sadexpunk

heres a tip for easyjet refunds (if it hasnt already been given)…..

phone them if you want the refund quicker (a lot quicker). i was told this after id already applied online but thought what the hell, nowt to lose. rang them and said i wasnt sure if my online application had gone through cos my laptop froze, waited about 5 minutes on hold, then told i should have it within 3-5 days.
    5 days later, in the bank.

matt_outandabout

We had conversation yesterday with our bank – we are going to get our section 75 completed by next month, that is £1700 between Easy Jet, WestJet and Air Transat flights.

I’m glad we have, next year is looking wobbly already and flight prices have rocketed.

mccraque

Has anyone had a refund after initially accepting a voucher? Anyone had a refund from a flight back in March or April? Was much chasing required?

I am still waiting for a refund for a May flight. £2k (as was a group booking). I put in for the refund, waited 90 days (they tell you not to contact them during this period). Wrote to them on 90 days…got an automated email back after 28 days saying “things are taking a while”.

And now, a month later, I am still not refunded.

I’ve gone down the Amex chargeback route now.

sadexpunk

And now, a month later, I am still not refunded.

phone them if you want the refund quicker (a lot quicker). i was told this after id already applied online but thought what the hell, nowt to lose. rang them and said i wasnt sure if my online application had gone through cos my laptop froze, waited about 5 minutes on hold, then told i should have it within 3-5 days.
    5 days later, in the bank.

toby1

We might have a lurker on the forum, within a couple of hours of this post the refund was back in the bank, amazing. If it was someone on this thread then thanks 🙂

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ok I don’t quite understand – I was supposed to be going to a country which has just been added to the quarantine list on return. Will Easyjet cancel these flights a few days before? Because they only give you 7 days from the announcement to make the change for free, so if I don’t change I am not sure if I will get a cancellation?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Another bounce.

I’ve just used our voucher to rebook flights for Passportes 2021.

Two things that I might have known when we cancelled and just forgotten, or I just didn’t know…

1) the extra £10 ‘bonus’ for taking the IOU rather than a refund doesn’t seem to be able to be used to pay for the flights. It’s for drinks etc onboard… also the same flights are 60% more expensive for next year. Ah well… £10 might get me a coke and mini tube of Pringles.

2) Now we’ve booked it expressly says “Not Protected Under the ATOL Scheme” I’m not entirely sure of the implications of that, but I suspect if they go bust I’m shit out of luck?

Also, ironically the same flight with BA is cheaper and the times better suit us.

matt_outandabout

We’ve just had our flights to Canadialand refunded.

Yesterday when I called, 90 days after we raised the dispute, the bank admitted they had done nothing for the section 75. Therefore they have refunded, airlines have 30 days to object (both outgoing flights were cancelled, I don’t think they will argue), and then the money is back in our account.

No thanks to YellowYersey insurance being all but useless, we’re about £1400 out of pocket still…

donald
    Free Member

Yay. Finally got a refund from Ryanair for flight cancelled in May last year.

That was a bit of a wait.

bob_summers

Bumpity bump from OP.

I’ve made a mess of this. I had flights for easter 2020 which obviously were cancelled. I’ve requested a refund for the flights online and was under the impression the money would eventually make its way back.

Called easyjet Spain and then Uk today, both confirmed I’d requested a voucher at some point (I can’t remember that but may have done so in desperation!) so no refund possible. Vouchers can be used to book up to October this year, so essentially could be used to fly in summer ’22.

Not the end of the world, should fly out and see the family at some point… but I’d rather have the money at this point to be honest, thick end of 500eur. If I use the vouchers to book a flight next week which I can’t subsequently take because of local restrictions on essential travel, does the refund process start again and I can claim the money?

former8ball
    Free Member

Pretty sure if you re-book and pay with vouchers then any refund will be with vouchers as they have to refund to the same source.

If it helps, I used vouchers to book last year and the price came in almost 20% cheaper than a new booking online (you have to phone to use the vouchers).

bob_summers

Ah well. I’m sure I’ll use them, maybe by 2022 the idea of flying with the family won’t feel quite as horrific as it does now!

TomB

I’m waiting for easyjet to respond to my request to refund my voucher- I spoke to them last may and was told the only options were to rebook or accept a voucher, no refunds. I reluctantly accepted a voucher as seemingly had no choice, but it became clear I had been misled/lied to by customer services and refunds subsequently became possible. Shysters.

oikeith

Cant help the previous poster, but I had flights booked for Summer 2020, was a ballache to move them to Summer 2021 and resulted in needing to pay EasyJet more money, come round to 2021 and got an email saying flights had been cancelled and I could choose new flights, voucher or refund.

I went for refund but was unsure how much they would refund, ie everything I had paid or some amount plucked out of thin air, a refund for everything I had paid them was made within a few days of submitting the form.

poolman
    Free Member

I just had ezjet cancel Spain uk flights early June so hold your horses….they gave me a voucher last year for 30 euros so I ‘ll use that to rebook. Ryanair cancelled my uk Spain flight in October last year, actually moved me to the morning one.

So consolidation, cancellation still going on. I am waiting for more certainty of flights actually going before I rebook.

weeksy

I’m still sitting here with £650 of flights for May 27th this year as a current booking.. We’re pretty much 100% that we’re not flying, but we don’t want to pull the plug/move/etc until we get a potential option of refund. We can move them ahead… but if we don’t do this flight, we’re very unlikely to fly anywhere else this year, so if we can’t get a refund, we’re stuffed.

bob_summers

Where to @weeksy? As it stands the state of emergency in Spain expires May 9th. It’ll either open up again or, the way UCI pressure is building again, get extended. If the latter, I’d avoid Spain. Loads of stuff is closed, or restricted opening, 10pm curfew, travel restrictions. Not ideal holidaying IMO.

but it became clear I had been misled/lied to by customer services and refunds subsequently became possible. Shysters.

This might be why I ended up with vouchers tbh. Also, back then we wouldn’t have believed we’d still be in the same situation a year hence.

weeksy

Faro for a trackday in Portimao for 3 days riding

oldtennisshoes

Called easyjet Spain and then Uk today, both confirmed I’d requested a voucher at some point (I can’t remember that but may have done so in desperation!) so no refund possible. Vouchers can be used to book up to October this year, so essentially could be used to fly in summer ’22.

Same here – I definitely requested a cash refund. After no progress in 3 weeks, I got on the chat with them and they said I’d requested a voucher. I’d screen shotted the request for a cash refund and they backed down when I sent them the pictures. I got a cash refund in a few days after that,

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d try and stand your ground and push for a cash refund. Ask them for their proof that you requested vouchers as you know you asked for the money back. I mean who would request vouchers over cash unless they are offering substantially more in vouchers? The wife’s refund took ages and they kept offering the amazing opportunity to re-book the flight at no extra cost, we just held firm.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I know this isnt especially helpful, but I was driving last week and I think it was Jeremy Vine was going on about Easyjet cancellations.

The general rule is that if you took a voucher you are screwed. However the article was saying that pressure has changed easyjet policy to allowing refund on vouchers.

Just tried googling and cant find it though

Edit: You and Yours 7th April . Starts 15 mins exactly in to the programme.

bob_summers

I definitely did request a refund as it turns out, just searched back in my emails.
    Fairly clear from this. I’ll ring again…

Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 at 21:12
    Subject: easyJet Refund request [en] [[ Reference ID: xxxxxx ]]
    To: <xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us and for submitting a refund request.

We are working hard to process your request as quickly as possible. Due to the exceptionally high volumes currently being processed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will try our best to complete your request within 28 days following submission. Please do not contact us regarding a previous request unless it has been more than 90 days since you made your original submission.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

easyJet Customer Services

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 206 total)

The topic ‘EasyJet cancellations’ is closed to new replies.