• This topic has 95 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by bruneep.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • EasyJet cancellations
  • Premier Icon Murray
    Subscriber

What’s the Easyjet cancellation number?

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

Missing amount has actually been refunded instantly, just had confirmation email.

Premier Icon TomB
    Subscriber

What’s the Easyjet cancellation number?

I’m after this too- they’ve finally cancelled my flights departing this Saturday, their website sas I need to contact customer services for a refund but I can’t find a number anywhere. What a pain in the arse.

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

0330 365 5000

Keep trying!

dashed

I’ve probably tried about 30 or 40 times today – same recorded message: “we’re really busy, try later” then hangs up. You can’t even sit on hold…

Premier Icon eskay
    Subscriber

Took me about 20 attempts but once you get past that they answer pretty much straight away.

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

I’m in the hole for just over £600 for flights to Rome at the end on May. I’ve had a few emails about changing flights, as above up until February 2021. TBH it’s no good to me, this trip was for my 25th Wedding Anniversary and my white works in school so can’t take holidays in term time.

Just going to have to sit it out and hope easyJet cancel the flights. I really don’t fancy going to Rome in the near future.

Are they refunding the whole cost? I know Wizzair only refund the flight price. Seats, bags, “charges”, etc. are not refundable according to their T&Cs. But then Wizzair are lower than the bottom feeding scum that othe others are.

Premier Icon bob_summers
    Subscriber

Never even heard of Wizzair! Thanks for the nº @eskay

Well up until a couple of days ago, I could still buy a seat on my flight BIO-MCR on the 7th. Checked just now and it says not available so I guess the cancellation will eventually come through, right? Although you can still check in via the app.

Premier Icon grim168
    Subscriber

We are getting a full refund. Pre booked seats and all.

Premier Icon bob_summers
    Subscriber

@grim168 did you cancel or did they?

Premier Icon grim168
    Subscriber

Bob, they cancelled flight at midnight. We were flying at 06.45. once they’ve cancelled flight you can ring and ask for a refund. You’ve just got to keep calling. I kept getting message and hang up but eventually got a female recorded message rather than male and call was answered pretty quickly.

Premier Icon bob_summers
    Subscriber

The day before? Blimey that would test my resolve.

Premier Icon halifaxpete
    Subscriber

We cancelled our flights to Madeira last week, money refunded to the credit card within a day or so.

Premier Icon grim168
    Subscriber

My mate on same flight as us rang the day before we were supposed to fly and they wouldn’t give refund as flight hadn’t been technically cancelled

Premier Icon grim168
    Subscriber

Just checked and money back in account so that’s a bit more towards my Solaris max 😀

dashed

Managed to get through this morning bang on 8am when they opened. Answered pretty quickly once I actually got through. Various options offered (move flight, voucher valid for 6 months etc) before I could get a refund but processed no problem once I got past that…

5lab

I failed to get through this morning so far. Tried 30 times since 8am, on top of 20 times yesterday. I had tried at bang on 8 (a couple of calls at 7). Definitely a girls voice when you get through?

5lab

top tip, you can add a , to the number on an android phone and it does a pause, so you can save 03303655000,,1 and it’ll press the touch tone too 🙂

Premier Icon stabilizers
    Subscriber

One of my jobs for the day…including my real job and keeping the kids on track with their schooling.
    I’m tired of all this.

5lab

right, got through on attempt 64 (!) -I asked why we couldn’t cancel online any more and they said there was a problem with the refunds from there. checking my account, I hadn’t got my refund for a flight I cancelled 2 weeks ago, so I got them to sort that one too..

lesson – if you did do a ‘give me my refund’ online, you might need to phone..

Premier Icon stabilizers
    Subscriber

Oooh! 64? I’m on 6 so far…

Premier Icon TomB
    Subscriber

Attempt 47, got through to be told the only options were a change of flights or a voucher for the amount paid to be used in the next 6 months, categorically no refund. I have said yes to the voucher but cheesed off- can I still speak to credit card co. Or travel insurer?

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

lesson – if you did do a ‘give me my refund’ online, you might need to phone..

That’s what I feared 🙁

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

I added my API details and checked in for my mid-April flight this morning. Follow the process, don’t what to give them any wriggle room for refusal when the official cancellation is made!

Premier Icon Murray
    Subscriber

Got through eventually and nice lady has refunded my flights. I’ll check my card in a day or so.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

got through to be told the only options were a change of flights or a voucher for the amount paid to be used in the next 6 months, categorically no refund.

Even where it’s classed as exceptional circumstances I don’t think that’s right, refund or re-book is up to you. I’d be arming myself with details of the regulations, and getting back to them.

Subscriber

KLM have cancelled flight, and are now only offering a voucher. I’m not going to piss about talking to them, I’m just going to raise it through Amex.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Some useful info from Which here. Stick it to Stelleos!

Premier Icon Murray
    Subscriber

Repayment just came through on my card. I think that’s 3 days after phoning them.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Tried calling them today, and just get cut-off, thought I’d try contacting my credit card co. to get a refund, and they’re saying an hour wait to get hold of a call handler…

what a mess

Premier Icon lucky7500
    Subscriber

Easyjet has grounded their entire fleet indefinitely so I’d imagine they are being pretty inundated with calls for refunds at the moment.

Premier Icon stabilizers
    Subscriber

Day 5. I still haven’t got through. This is going to be painfully long.

Premier Icon scuttler
    Subscriber

Any views on sitting tight on this? We were due to fly next weekend, not looking to transfer and got plenty of money tied up. BUT, paid on debit card so if they do go titsup we have no protection. That aside, any expectations or concerns that we somehow won’t be eligible for a refund, particularly after the original departure date? Otherwise happy to let this sit for a while until the stampede dies down.

Premier Icon stabilizers
    Subscriber

Whoo Hoo!
    Finally got through and got my refund.
    71 attempts. Took 15mins of waiting, negotiating and waiting for a managers approval.
    You have to stick to your guns in demanding a refund. The poor call handlers are having to push the vouchers hard. Wouldn’t want their job. I bet they get a ton of shit all day.

Premier Icon stabilizers
    Subscriber

@Scuttler – they have cancelled all flights. You should have got a cancellation e-mail. If your on a debit card then you do have less protection but sometimes it depends on the bank. I would phone for a refund coz if Easyjet go into Administration you may have a much longer wait and not get your full amount back.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

So if they have cancelled the flight, and you don’t ring up or rearrange to a different date but just don’t don’t show up I’m assuming you don’t just get a refund.

Mrs C is booked on a flight on Saturday – it was only £20 odd and life is too short so sit on the phone for 71 attempts to save £20.

Alternative is to punt it into the long grass and choose a random date in the future that may or may not be useful.

Premier Icon stabilizers
    Subscriber

For £20 I would re-arrange a flight. You might get a good deal from that. We were nearly £900 so worth going through all that.

Premier Icon scuttler
    Subscriber

@stabilizers – aware they’re all cancelled and we got the cancellation email but I’m not the sort of person who can hack a massive queue if there’s no need (just like getting on a plane really). I’m not desperate for the money right now but it’s occurred to me that if I put it off I might somehow reduce the likelihood of getting it back.

Subscriber

Amex were pushing me to deal with KLM and accept a voucher. I stood my ground and got a refund.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

How far ahead are flights cancelled, we’ve got a flight booked late May, might be a bit early?

TBH we’re expecting/hoping for the whole trip to be cancelled and ideally get a refund, but I took insurance out early enough that it might be an option.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.