• This topic has 137 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by servo.
Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • EasyJet cancellations
  • Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

Ryanair now being shitehawks on refunds already promised and now issuing vouchers and saying refunds will be done when cv19 ends and no clues as to how to request an actual refund. I would probably use the voucher in the long run but it’s rather annoying.

Premier Icon slackboy
    Subscriber

Easyjet refund processed yesterday, money in the account today.

Same for me. I applied online on 16th March but never got the refund. Tried many times on customer service number but gave up and contacted credit card company for a chargeback instead.

I then tried the manchester number in this thread and got through after just a couple of tries. Was told payment would take up to 28 days but it was back on credit card the next day.

tpbiker

We’ve tried the easy jet form so will see what happens.

Ryan air promised a refund, then backtracked. Not surprising really, and just makes me more determined to get my cash back. Like as been mentioned, it says join a queue for a refund, but gives no instruction of how to do so.

2 companies I wouldn’t usually use (my mate booked the holiday), and after this episode will make every attempt to avoid like plague on future.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

2 companies I wouldn’t usually use (my mate booked the holiday), and after this episode will make every attempt to avoid like plague on future

Would be nice, but at the end of the day you’re limited by the airlines that fly the routes you want.

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

I got straight through on the Manchester number and then got the cash back in my account 2 days later.

julians

Had the same email from ryanair, essentially trying to make it as difficult as possible to get a refund.

I’ve put in a charge back via the CC company – hopefully that will result in a refund.

Ryanair really are shysters.

devash

I anticipated Ryanair would pull some BS like this so put in a chargeback / section 75 request on my card last week. Leopard and spots comes to mind. Will definitely be avoiding them in the future. Their flight times on the route we usually use are rubbish anyhow.

tpbiker

My mate didn’t buy the tickets on his cc it turns out so need to chase Ryan air direct. Could you put in a claim in small claims court for this given they are legally obliged to refund after 14 days?

Just had out accommodation provider also backtrack saying that they won’t now give us a refund, only a voucher for future booking, but given it’s probably not going to be available in future unless we book now (which we can’t as we don’t know flight availability) then offer of voucher is pointless

I’m logged in and looking at the ‘My Bookings’ page on Easyjet and cannot see how to start the process of requesting a cancellation and refund; could someone please point this dough-ball in the right direction?

Premier Icon plop-pants
    Subscriber

@highlandman
    Go on to Easyjet website.
    click on Covid-19-Help-Hub.
    Answer two or three questions about your booking.
    On the resulting ‘Your Option’ page, scroll down to ‘Other Options’. Click on ‘View My Other Options’
    On the next page scroll down to ‘refund application form’

Thanks Plop.

julians

So I raised a dispute with American express about my cancelled flights with Ryanair yesterday,and they were refunded today by Amex.

So good work from Amex, bad work from Ryanair.

Premier Icon andy5390
    Subscriber

I got an email today, telling me my (wife’s) flight on 28th May has been cancelled. Filled in the refund form, name, flight #  and email used. Painless, easy, done.

No mention of the return flight on 11th June being cancelled yet. What they think I’d use it for is beyond me

*rolls eyes*

Premier Icon bentandbroken
    Subscriber

That’s a bit off/odd. I missed an outbound flight once and grabbed another single to get to where I needed to be only to find out my return flight was automatically cancelled as I did not take the outbound one…,

Premier Icon rockthreegozy
    Subscriber

For those that used the online Easyjet refund form, has anyone had refunds within the 28 days? Day 23 here so not worried yet!

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

For those that used the online Easyjet refund form, has anyone had refunds within the 28 days? Day 23 here so not worried yet!

I’ve, this morning, filled in the refund form on the Covid-19-Help-Hub, for my flights to Rome and back. They were cancelled eariler this week for the outbound and only yesterday for the return. I shall be waiting but not holding my breath that this will be a quick refund. Their T&Cs stated it may take up to 90 days. Which, frankly, is a piss take.

servo

Nothing for me after waiting 29 days since my claim went in. Not waiting 90 days as that is ridiculous.

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.