Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • east mids (or any) airport parking – rent a driveway?
  • sadexpunk

got a holiday lined up mid-may, just been looking at parking prices.  with the usual email discount ive got it down to £37 at jetparks.  then i remembered a past thread on here which said there was a website dedicated to finding alternative parking for cheaper so had a google.

ive found a site called justpark, but when i put the dates in and look at my options, theyre pretty much all around the same price or dearer, plus further away!  either my mad ninja google skillz are at fault or im missing something, but why would anyone pay more than the airport price, plus i assume a taxi ride in, to be further away/less secure?

unless theres a different site that i havent found?  thought id ask before pressing the big red button for jetparks 2.

thanks

cheers_drive

It always amazes me how much inconvenience people will put up with in order to save a few pounds, especially when they are likely to be spending hundreds or thousands on a holiday. I stopped using third party car parks after far too many bad experiences waiting for a bus for ages in the freezing cold.

IHN

Ditto. I now generally go for the nearest carpark to the terminal, or valet parking, as it’s often only a few quid more.

sharkbait
    Free Member

^ this.

Punky, you’re flying abroad on holiday and are complaining about £37 parking?

sadexpunk

nope not complaining at all, i expected higher.  we do airport parking two or three times a year and choose the cheapest jetparks style option, but then i remembered a thread about driveway parking and thought id compare.  i expected it to be cheaper but it was more expensive plus further away and a faff with taxis.  i dont understand why anyone would choose that over less faff and expense thats all.

cheers

angeldust
    Free Member

It always amazes me how much inconvenience people will put up with in order to save a few pounds, especially when they are likely to be spending hundreds or thousands on a holiday.

This.  It almost like a mental illness with some people.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I get a taxi each way. Where do you live? I’m about 25 miles away and the brilliant company I use charge me 30 each way. After my last airport parking incident that involved stupid children and a flat battery on the car I vowed to never do it again. Removes all stress whatsoever and you can literally start the holiday proper chilled.

aracer
    Free Member

It all depends. Clearly it doesn’t work very well there, but then there isn’t much residential near East Mids IIRC and the onsite car parking isn’t extortionate. I’ve flown out of Heathrow quite a few times on cheap DIY trips. The onsite parking would have been more than the cost of the flights. I’ve also been unimpressed with the time wasted using large off site parking companies, however the driveway parking I used there was much cheaper than any other option, right next to the airport, and included a lift to the terminal.

timba
    Free Member

Have a good look at Google Maps, the whole j23a to j25 area is being upgraded to “smart motorway”, and the A453 is being rebuilt to include the East Mids Gateway Rail Freight Interchange…I’m guessing that you’ll pass through both on your journey, just allow some time or plan an alternative route. Have a good hols

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘east mids (or any) airport parking – rent a driveway?’ is closed to new replies.