Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • East Manchester Off Road
  • the-travelling-bard
    Free Member

Is there any good off road cycling to be had in East Manchester (we all know that NW Manchester is sorted!! Hit The North etc). Anywhere around Ashton-u-Lyne, Oldham, Stalybridge? The Pennine Bridleway is OK but a bit stop-start around here. I guess I could just take to the hills around Stalybridge but is that “allowed” (can you just cycle on the Pennines or will they shoot you?). Are there any regular rides/riders in the Tameside area. Road cycling is easy, you just get on your bike and go. Mountain biking is a bit harder since you have to get to a ‘mountain’ first and I never like friving somewhere and then cycling (and that is when I can borrow the car in the first place).

snowslave

We ride the S Pennines a fair bit at night – Saddleworth, Diggle etc and we’ve not been shot yet…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

there’s some DH trails at buckstones/shaw, which is near oldham…

carlos
    Free Member

@ the travelling bard.

Me and a pal often have a blast round Marple, Roman Lakes, Mellor, Rowarth etc. Not to far from you is it? There is always Hayfield too and if you get there, then well you may as well ride in the Peak.

Carl

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

regular rides on a thursday night from the king bill pub in greenfield i think, still not been on one yet, also some on a sunday morning from uppermill

the-travelling-bard
    Free Member

snowslave, do you stick to the paths or is it free-riding. Where do you access the hills? Trev – any idea what time the greenfield or uppermill rides are, contacts etc?

wildrnes
    Free Member

rochdale area? there is loads or hop over to holmfirth and there is loads there too

snowslave

We ride all the places listed above at night, starting from pubs like the king bill, the swan, diggle hotel, etc. etc. when that side of Manchester. It’s dark, so could be paths, could be bridleways. It’s all free though.

I’d send you a private message if I could understand how!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘East Manchester Off Road’ is closed to new replies.