Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • earphones – recommendations?
  • flebby
    Free Member

Can anyone on here recommend a decent set of earphones which aren't too pricey but will stay in the ears fairly well?

Albanach
    Free Member

I use Sennheiser CX 300II and really like them, Good sound quality and stay in my ears which I have had issues with in the past.

diggers
    Free Member
    davcow
    Free Member
    aka_Foamy
    Free Member

Personally never liked the CX300s. I've got a pair of Skullcandy Asym that I'm really happy with. Great sound (Better base and sound blocking than the CX300s) and the cable goes over your ear before you stick them in so they can take a real tugging before they come out.

Should be able to get them for £17 no problem.

flebby
    Free Member

well i guess they must be good then
    cheers 🙂

flebby
    Free Member

ah cool i will check them out too
    thnks

Bream
    Free Member

The CX300s are an ok budget option, I personally have had Ultimate Ears for 3 years now after moving over from Shures and have been very impressed.

A good review HERE , also a good place to buy, I've been very impressed with their customer service 8)

They suggest the SoundMAGIC PL30 are the best budget option for 35 quid.

flebby
    Free Member

found the pL30 on amazon for 20squid….hmmm if they had an L shaped connector they would be in my basket….

woodywoodbine
    Free Member

Another +1 for CX300s. I tend to lost headphones on a regular basis and CX300s are cheap and sounds very good for the price.

Daffy

Atomic Floyd

Airjax Ti2 or Twistjax are where it's at.

afrothunder88

They suggest the SoundMAGIC PL30 are the best budget option for 35 quid.

^^^^

Can get them for ~£25 on eBay though.

Read a fair few reviews of them in the Hifi forums and they recieved pretty much universal praise, recommended them to a mate and he loves them, I borrowed them for an hour and was suitably impressed, it's what I'll be getting when I no doubt break the current pair. 10+ pairs of headphones in < 2 years is annoying.

GTDave
    Free Member

Ultimate Ears, I prefer them to the CX300's they replaced. Better isolation from outside noise & a richer sound.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I've got a pair of Bang & Olufsen A8 earphones I'm selling, yours for £40.00 delivered:

pealy
    Free Member

Sennheiser OMX 90 down from £50 to £13 at Play.Com. Mine arrived today and sound great – more detail & clarity than booming bass but depends what you like. Over-the-ear hooks keep them in, I must have oddly shaped ears as I have yet to find any which stay in without some kind of band/hook.

flebby
    Free Member

ok, i have forgiven the PL30's for the lack of angles as they come with loads of different ear pieces and get great reviews. order placed amazon 19.99 delivered. +1 for my easily lead co-worker.

thanks for the advice all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘earphones – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.