Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Early On One frame geometry
  • flashes
    Free Member

I've an early On One SS non disc frame and love it. I've also a later disc On One 853 SS frame and it feels different. It seems longer (it's a b*gger to get in the car) and not as quick. Does anyone know if they have different geometries, when they changed and if any of the slightly later frames have the "origional" geometry.

wwaswas

early frames were built for 60-80mm forks – they get a bit 'lazy' with anything longer on them in my experience.

brant maybe able to provide more specific measurements if he cares to.

jimthesaint

Early Inbreds had identical geometry to Airborne Lucky Strikes.

Hmmm, Lucky Strikes also had a 4 piece wish-bone back end. I wonder where Brant got the inspiration for the Inbred from? 😉

flashes
    Free Member

When di the geometry change? Are the disc / V brake frames "old" or "new" geometry?

wwaswas

if it's got disk brakes it's not an 'early' one – it'll be corrected for a 440mm axle to crown fork but no more than 100mm travel.

the head, top and down tubes were beefed up a bit later on I think to allow 120mm to be run.

brant
    Free Member

Early frames were very different and came in 17.5, 18.5 and 19.5in sizes only.
    These were then stretched to 16, 18, 20 a bit.

I do have the original drawings somewhere if on-one wanted to make some reissues.

flashes
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. So mine must be a "streched one" as it's 16".
    I was hoping the later ones with the V and disc were the same geometry, V's for summer and racing, discs for winter, the perfect frame…………..
    oh well, 2 bikes it is then……

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Early On One frame geometry’ is closed to new replies.