Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • E-Bay – what's all this about then?
  • speaker2animals

I've had an email from eBay saying that my seller performance is below their standards and I could be in danger of being prevented from selling if I don't improve it. My positive feedback on My eBay is 98.9%! I realise that I have some reading to do on eBay but anyone give me a brief resume of what is going on? I know I have had a couple of issues recently with slow deliveries but I only have one negative feedback and one neutral. 86 others are all positive!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Are you sure it's a genuine email from ebay & not a phishing one?

stumpyjon

It's not just about overall feedback. You can fail under specific categories such as delivery time as well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did it have a link for you to click to log on?

allthepies
    Free Member

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

Check your scores re: the criteria listed in the above link. You've mentioned delivery issues so you've probably been scored lowly in that area. As above, it's not all about feedback %age.

Dazmo
    Free Member

These days you need to make sure your overall performance is very good delivery packaging charges etc.

speaker2animals

The email is genuine as the message is in my eBay Inbow too. I have had a look at the performance criteria. I think I understand now. Just feel that it is a little disingenuous to show me a feedback score of 98.9% when there are problem areas. I also feel that it is a little unfair that one or two late delivery comments seem to out way the 80 plus good ones. I understand that they are attempting to protect buyers but if that is the case why have I got a headline score of very close to 100%? I'm sure only the most pedantic buyers look at detailed seller data, most looking at the headline figure. So I don't feel that they are giving customers easy to understand or access data on sellers.

Just feeling somewhat aggrieved that a few poor scores are knobbling a LOT of good scores.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘E-Bay – what's all this about then?’ is closed to new replies.