Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dunkeld! Like so many Mtb’ers it does not disappoint
  • ChannelD

Dunkeld! Use the Trailforks app. On
    the A9 just north of Perth.

argee

Where i grew up, loads of good stuff up and around there, loads more now i hear, going back in a couple of months to see what its like after nearly 20 years!

ChannelD

@argee It has been a while known for some for a while. For me only just recently I have found Dunkeld a revelation to always thinking the need to go further north. Trailforks app was the key. Likely you will find it a great place to ride. It is a big area.

Northwind

I really need to spend some real time exploring there, only ever done it in races. Some absolutely awesome riding, and a great variety too. Also a really nice place, especially if you like trees.

oldnpastit

Nice vid, thanks.

kayak23

Went there a few months back but only had a day there sadly. Beautiful place but barely scratched the surface. Would love to revisit.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h8Ftd1]Dunkeld[/url] by blackteaonesugar, on Flickr

ChannelD

@oldnpastit Thanks 👍

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hmmm I’ve a few days to fill over Christmas and somewhere different is always good. What’s the riding there like? Is it “proper” day out riding or more winch up a fire road and plummet down some steep sillyness in a pine forest type stuff? (I’m a bit of a mincer)

Gilles

that will be:

plummet down some steep sillyness in a pine forest type stuff?

next to the town. I’m sure you can do epic as well if you want to.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ah well. Was worth a thought. Ta

Gilles

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You can do Loch Ordie to the north or Glen Garr to the south if you want a day out.

Fat-boy-fat

Plenty of riding there that isn’t endure knarr. As mentioned, round Loch Ordie, Secret Badger, Twa Dugs … all more mince level than Yer Maw and co at the Ordie side or Rack and Ruin, etc. the other side of the road.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ta, I’ll take a kook on trail forks and OS.

To be fair Giles that looks like fun, and I wouldn’t mind finding my self on a full rb rampage run* mid ride, it’s just that the “never-more-than-3-miles-from-the-car” type riding bores me.

*I’d probably mind a lot for about 3 seconds, then I’d get off, walk a bit and fall off the side of the hill. After which I doubt I’d care about much

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dunkeld! Like so many Mtb’ers it does not disappoint’ is closed to new replies.