Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • DT Swiss X392 with 32mm tyre / 80psi and tubes?
  • AndrewDeKerf
    Free Member

Hi there.

Does anyone have any real-world experience of using the X392 rim with a 32 / 35mm tyre and tube? I’d like to run them at 70 – 80psi max.

My experience of putting a tubed tyre on a ‘tubeless ready’ rim varies, so i’d like some other views before taking the plunge. These will go on my Vaya for mixed road and gravel use.

Cheers!

scaled
    Free Member

Why would yo do that? 😀

I’m running Schwable G-Ones on Stans Grail rims and anything over 50psi completely defeats the point of having larger tyres.

Why would you not run them tubeless anyway?

hatter

If that’s what you’re going to use it for, I’d nudge you towards the DT R470 or R500 rims which are designed for wide road/gravel tyres.

Both models can be used with tubed or tubeless tyres.

Lightweight XC rims can have issues when you go over 50 PSI as they’re not really designed to handle high pressures, I’m sure somebody will be along to tell me they’ve run 300 PSI in a Mavic cross max for a decade with no problems but, still it’s not what they’re designed for, better to go with a new school wide road rim IMHO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss X392 with 32mm tyre / 80psi and tubes?’ is closed to new replies.