Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Drain unblocking Huddersfield – help!
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

Just had a pretty disgusting 2 hours trying to rod the drains outside my house as we have a blockage. However it seems there is a broken brick stuck in the drain which has to be pushed from the end of the drain and my rods aren’t long enough. I would also have to climb down a deep pit to do it which I don’t want to do.

So any recommendations?

khani
    Free Member

Phone a local Jetting company, if you can wait til daytime it won’t be too bad without out of hours call out charges
    DO NOT USE DYNOROD!!!

newrobdob
    Free Member

I can wait a bit. Why not Dynorod?

khani
    Free Member

Cos they’re shit, I worked ten years for the council operating vactor/jetting units and if I had a penny for every time we went to sort out Dynorods cock ups I could buy a bag of crisps and a Mars bar…

gallowayboy

We’ve used D Teal & Son, Wainstalls, just outside Halifax for clearing a blocked drainage system. They used to have a contract with my work for septic tank and sump emptying etc. Did the job, no fuss.
    Edit – not sure they do out of hours though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As above do not use any of the big boys at the top of the Google search etc. Local firm with good rep if possible. Do not agree to any
    drain lining/repair/camera/jetting etc until you have a firm agreement of whats being done and why. Some of the **** will bring their entire kit down just to charge you for its “use” per half hour.
    On a final note it’s not advisable to go heading down deep drainage without a bit of safety gear and a bit of knowledge.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Wrightyson – yes I know that, we do confined spaces training at work so I’m not going down that inspection hole at all (about 8 foot deep!).

I want to use a local company hence the request for recommendations.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Galowayboy, thanks for recommendation but they are the other side of Hudds to me so a long long journey.

I don’t need out of hours. Yet.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is it blocked downstream or upstream of said deep mhole. Any way of rodding from another.

project
    Free Member

If its not on your boundry the local water authority are responsible for drains

newrobdob
    Free Member

It’s only one drain rod from the nearest upstream opening, but a very very long way from the deep one downstream.

Tried all sorts but it would budge. So close I could take a pic but it’s a bit disgusting to show I think.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Its within my boundary.

scuttler

they are the other side of Hudds to me so a long long journey.

I live in Hudds. It’s not as big as LA even from Holmfirth to Cleckheckmondbury and I’m pretty sure the drain dudes don’t hike over with their stuff.

newrobdob
    Free Member

The offending item.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crowd.

nigew
    Free Member

Maybe give Calderdale Sewer Services a call, they recently came to sort a problem at work very quickly!

johndoh
    Free Member

DO NOT USE DYNOROD!!!

Was the only advice I could have given. So. Do not use Dynorod.. Ever.

khani
    Free Member

Trying to be more helpful and activating Khanibrain, when i worked for the council residents in our area were given a free visit once a year for blocked drains and stuff, and even when they had to pay it was pretty cheap, so ring up your local council first
    Though we [ahem] never charged oap’s or anyone that wasn’t a dick anyway, it was surprising how many blockages weren’t on their property when we erm.. looked…

newrobdob
    Free Member

Update! Got a bloke round (SOS Drainage Services) who when I spoke on the phone to him, he asked a few technical questions which put me at ease. I then asked the price – £80 for an hour. I asked if it sometime took longer than than as I was worried about escalating costs and he said “well if I can’t get it done in an hour it’s a bit of a poor do isn’t it?” – proper Yorkshire answer!!

Middle aged guy, slightly older van but had all the gear. True to his word it was sorted out in pretty much one hour but he did have to break out a lot of his gear to shift it and it took some head scratching via CCTV on how to move the jammed brick. He finished off by jetting my whole system to the road as he said it was blocked up a bit. £80 and no extra for CCTV usage etc.

Proper service from an old school professional. Will use again if I need to.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Drain unblocking Huddersfield – help!’ is closed to new replies.