Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Downhill wheel build Edinburgh
  • duir
    Free Member

Fairly new to the area. Anyone recommend somewhere to get a very high quality and strong wheel build on my ProII/721 downhill wheelsets?

vadar
    Free Member

I know you get a cracking wheelbuild at big ALLISTERS shop in a wee town called Clachaan of Campsie.. (Wheelcraft is thy name) Bought loads for mtb and roadie bikes over the past 5 years and still have them all.Perfect!

Next to the campsie hills just outside Kirkintilloch..

bumbly1
    Free Member

I would second the above, excellent though allocate plenty time and avoid specifying black spokes 🙂

Xan
    Free Member

try Edinburgh bycle coperative

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/comms/srv.a4d?f%5Fpg=ourstores%2Ehtm&f%5FCardinal=12

Or pedal power in West Calder on 01506 873123 ( a friend of mines sponsers his cycle team and heard really good stuff about their work)

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – Pedal Power…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think EBC might be a bit hit or miss depending who builds it – I found a spoke laced wrongly (crossing infront instead of behind) on a wheel they built for me altho they did sort it there and then without problems.

the wheel was no built with enough tension or something – all the spokes came loose and it buckled within a week – tandem use tho so it might have been simply that they were not used to building a wheel for the tandem

Dougal
    Free Member

Danny@macdonalds. Insanely good wheelbuilds.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I would say that a trip to Wheelcraft is not only worth it for the wheels, but the one of a kind experience.

SteveL
    Free Member

I’ll do it for a case of beer! ;D

Failing that try EBC or the bicycle works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Downhill wheel build Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.