• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Doubling up bar tape?
  • Joe

I have some bartape which was put on my ribble and looks gash…its very thin cork stuff and has been very overstretched in my humble opinion.

Have some new lovely black towely roubaix specialized stuff…tempted just to put it over the top for more comfort. Its an audax bike anyway so i don't care about weight yayaya.

Has anyone done this before and got it to look nice and tidy? Is it worth doing?

Bream
    Free Member

Done it myself on my winter road bike, I wanted a thicker feel to the top of the bars down to the lever hoods so just doubled it up there and works just fine 8)

clubber
    Free Member

It's not uncommon amongst the pros (IIRC Boonen has it all the time), particularly for Paris-Roubaix and other cobbled classics

fisha
    Free Member

yeah – go for it. i find thick layers of bar tape keep my hands warmer too somehow.

HarYuken
    Free Member

Yeah I do it

breatheeasy
    Free Member

You can get gel bits that fit on the tops and the drops if you want to do it the fancy way (think Specialized, Cinelli and Fizik do it amongst others).

Failing that just double up like you said.

Now where was that grab-on foam bars stuff…

oldgit
    Free Member

Yeah I do mine like that on the crosser. Especialy after the early rock hard surfaced races.

Joe

Thanks chaps. Just been out and it feels like a different bike. Looks solid aswell. Ha! 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Doubling up bar tape?’ is closed to new replies.