• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 13,441 through 13,480 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

Is that the PBS one narrated by Peter Coyote?

Was Amazing, especially when you see the same mistakes being tepearep today.

Heads up the American version is showing on PBS Freeview channel in UK & each episode is much longer than one the BBC showed

kimbers

As for N Korea

Little Rocket Man has Trump dancing to his tune*, he’s figured out how to play to trump’s ego better than Bojo

* Awaits limp attempt to portray comment as being anit-korean or some such ninsense

MrWoppit
    Free Member

”Resisting the occupation with all means and methods is a legitimate right guaranteed by divine laws…”

“This land was promised to the Jewish people by god. ..”

Aye. There’s the rub.

martinhutch

Little Rocket Man has Trump dancing to his tune*, he’s figured out how to play to trump’s ego better than Bojo

But, but…Trump needs his Nobel Peace Prize. Sorting out the the Palestinian/Iran problem so capably might not be enough by itself.

kimbers

I see our weakness as Brexit approaches is seen as a golden opportunity for Trump

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/15/trump-threatens-use-us-trade-talks-force-nhs-pay-drugs/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think it’s important he keeps making money, if he keeps paying the people he hasn’t slept with it’s going to get expensive

v8ninety

I see our weakness as Brexit approaches is seen as a golden opportunity for Trump

FFS 🤬 The Donald wants the NHS to build a wall now, as well. Eejit.

CountZero

I have to salute this blokes persistence in keeping his Trump troll going for two years;

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/donald-trump-dan-rebellato-twitter-troll

CountZero

It appears that Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica were engaged in a process of attempting to suppress African-Americans from voting:

Bannon and Cambridge Analytica planned suppression of black voters, whistleblower tells Senate

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hmm why wouldn’t they it’s a tried and tested republican trick there

Meanwhile the son in law, saviour of the middle east is certainly not taking donations – Looks like NYT links sit behind the pics now

batfink
    Free Member

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/15/trump-threatens-use-us-trade-talks-force-nhs-pay-drugs/

That really is the most perverse logic.  America’s healthcare system is an absolute basket-case.  The reason that prices are so high is that they have a privatized model which practically guarantees that they are.  Blaming other countries who have their shit together (relatively), for their own failing system is preposterous.

MSP

It is a tried and tested excuse to blame foreigners for the failures of rampant capitalism and a greed based system, and it keeps working.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep, highlighting London knife crime is a way to defuse overseas criticism of gun control, this is to divert attention from his health failings, next up he contradicts his new National Security Adviser

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44158566

I’m sure he has faith in him…

martinhutch

Certainly offering Kim Jong-Un the opportunity to end up like Gaddafi was never going to end well. 🙂

Trump has no alternative but to slap John Bolton back down. That’s the problem with hiring people based on their performances on Fox News.

Chaos as usual at the White House.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So hypothetically…

If you ran a country like say Russia or China happy with whats gone on so far?

USA heading away from it’s allies, a destabilised NATO, disunity on key issues like Iran. North Korea calling the shots down there, USA offering China trade concessions to influence NK, Russia getting mostly it’s own way in Syria propping up Assad. Key US agencies undermanned or not being led properly, senior figures rolled out the door as fast as they came in with a fraction of the time needed to get up to speed on let along act on global issues.

Add in the UK damaging the EU and diverting most of it’s attention onto those matters.

Sounds like something they would have bitten your hand off for back in 2015

Northwind

On the other hand, Megan Brennan for president. Started out delivering mail and rose to the absolute top of the business, the president tells her in person to screw over amazon and she just goes “nah”. Nails.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44207986

Oh dear, prepare for a little more backtracking, it will happen soon, when he releases his tax returns etc.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What has the guy actually got done since getting in to the White House?

Business of government stuff, not just controversy?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Controversy was by Prince, not Trump. Easy mistake to make, though.

maccruiskeen

I just can’t believe all the things people say

kerley
    Free Member

What has the guy actually got done since getting in to the White House?

Tax reforms

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep tax cuts for rich people

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44232226

<p class=”story-body__introduction”>US President Donald Trump may not “block” Twitter users from viewing his online profile due to their political beliefs, a judge in New York has ruled.</p>
    District Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald in Manhattan said that blocking access to his @realDonaldTrump account would be a violation of the right to free speech.

The lawsuit against Mr Trump and other White House officials stems from his decision to bar several online critics.

The White House has yet to comment on the judge’s ruling.

The case was brought by The Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University on behalf of seven Twitter users who had been blocked by Mr Trump for criticising him or mocking him online.

At least there is a sense of humour persisting there

kimbers

He’s thrown his toys…..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44242558

That Nobel prize still out of reach then

slowoldman

He always has to throw in a thinly disguised threat doesn’t he?

“”You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used,”

Northwind

Oh well, I guess I’ll be returning my commemorative coin

dissonance

He always has to throw in a thinly disguised threat doesn’t he?

Yeah. Which works so well when you are trying to get someone to get rid of their NBC weapons.

On the plus side looks like he is getting the US hunting laws changed to make it easier to butcher things. So its wrong to say he isnt doing anything for his sons, sorry, country.

maxtorque

Classic Trumpt Ego protecting move!  Summit might be cancelled, doesn’t want to have some one turn him down, so he effectively cancels it first. Moron.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, Kim’s gone and blown up all his nuclear facilities in return for nothing then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44240047

Full of win!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Kim’s gone and blown up all his nuclear facilities in return for nothing then

A tunnel….

Murray

Now he’s got proven bomb designs he doesn’t need them anymore. China probably told him to stop anyway – it was causing tremors on their side of the border.

maxtorque

so Nin, you think the “difficult” bit about developing nuclear weapons is the “digging the hole to test them in” bit?

😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s probably all in the trumps guide to uranium

akira

I’d imagine since Trump finds finds it so difficult to build a wall he imagines digging a hole would be equally difficult.

whitestone
    Free Member

So, Kim’s gone and blown up all his nuclear facilities in return for nothing then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44240047

Full of win!

Err, no. He’s blown up some or all of the tunnels at a testing site, one that some nuclear experts think may have been already damaged by the last test which had a bigger yield than those that had gone before. He’s still got his enrichment facilities and weapons.

The testing site may also have outlived its purpose, once you’ve done half a dozen tests or so you aren’t gaining any extra knowledge by doing more and you are using up valuable fissile material that could be used to make bombs or missile warheads.

Kim’s outplayed Trump and the west with this, the timing may be fortuitous but it was always the game plan, having someone as vain and incompetent as Trump in the White House just makes it easier for Kim.

batfink
    Free Member

Whats the opposite of a Nobel peace prize?  Not a joke, I’m just curious.

So first he reneges on the Iran nuclear deal (which the Iranians were complying with, I understand), then he abandons talks with N Korea, after KJU has (I assume) met his half of the bargain (or part of it?).

Seriously – how is this making anyone safer?

Didn’t somebody from the CIA have “secret” talks in N Korea a couple of months ago? I suspect that the destruction of tunnels/test site was prompted by a huge bribe in order to secure a “win” for the Dotard.  But what was probably supposed to be a good news story has been eclipsed by him symbolically pulling out of talks.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Whats the opposite of a Nobel peace prize?

A job in the White House?

CountZero

dTrump’s letter to North Korea graded by a teacher; he got an ‘F’…

Donald Trump’s North Korea letter is given an F by unimpressed teacher

Pigface
    Free Member

So now it could be back on, this clown is treating the presidency like a game show.

Viewing 40 posts - 13,441 through 13,480 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.