• This topic has 43 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by smiffy.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Does “knock one out” mean something different in Wales?
  • dudeofdoom

I must admit I missed our Company’s mental health talkie, If I’d have known it was going to be so entertaining I’d have signed up for it.

I wonder if you can get a sickie for a really bad day when you’ve overdone the stress relief 🙂

(TBH for my p-taking I think its good people talk about stress rather than flip their cookies.)

gordimhor

My pal who was a singer toured America in the 80s Playing mostly to small c conservative Scottish ex pat societies and staying with them as well.
    He told one host who wouldn’t allow smoking in the house. I’m gaun ootside to sit on the dyke and have a fag.
    It was his only US tour.

brokenbanjo

A few years ago we moved office to the loft of an adjacent property. The desks left a large crawl space in the eaves. A demure middle aged female colleague was in charge of planning the office. She was showing me around and she looked at me with glee and said “the best thing is there’s all these glory holes for putting stuff in”. I looked around and another colleague looked at me and said “don’t!”. I had to walk out because I couldn’t control my laughter, she carried on utterly oblivious.

smiffy

In Spain it’s “Knock Juan Out” AKA Punch the Spaniard.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.