Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Do you talk to yourself?
  • mt
    Free Member

Only when asked

zeesaffa
    Free Member

footflaps

Sort of, a sort of non swearing tourettes. Whenever I recall any memory which triggers a negative emotion (eg mild embarasment at something I did or said), my subconscious blurts out a random phrase, often a complete surprise to me any anyone else in the room who asks what I meant by it, to which I reply absolutely no idea!

That is EXACTLY what I do. It’s almost always when I’m remembering something embarrassing or worrying!

Good to know us crazies aren’t alone eh! 😉

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Yep, quite a bit. And usually in front of a mirror. Put on silly voices and just generally talk shite.

Kuco

Probably more to myself than other people.

garage-dweller

It’s nice to talk to yourself. At least that way there’s one person who listens to about half what you have to say.

If I feel like shouting into space I just go on Twitter instead or ask the kids to go to bed.

leffeboy

I was amused a few days ago to hear someone else in my office singing the same stupid little made up song under their breath that I do when I get stuck on something 🙂 – they claimed that it did actually help

deadkenny
    Free Member

To animals.

I do this a lot out riding by myself. Cows, birds, deer, horses, cats, dogs. With dogs especially, owners may be miserable sometimes but their dogs are happy and can be great conversationalists 😀 . Actually, it’s a good way of disarming both dog and potential anti-bike owner.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

When things are going tits up I tend to think out loud.
    Luckily:
    http://www.flickr.com/gp/146501625@N06/WxkPu5

dc2.0

I’m so pleased to find out this is a thing for other people too.

Whenever I recall any memory which triggers a negative emotion (eg mild embarasment at something I did or said), my subconscious blurts out a random phrase, often a complete surprise to me any anyone else in the room who asks what I meant by it, to which I reply absolutely no idea!

I say things like “oh dear” or “oww” out loud, I can’t control it happening, just what I do when it happens.

epicyclo

Yes. On the bike, on steep hills.

Uncomplimentary encouragement. 🙂

edhornby

frequently, it’s the internal thought process with the mute accidentally switched off

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m so pleased to find out this is a thing for other people too.

Whenever I recall any memory which triggers a negative emotion (eg mild embarasment at something I did or said), my subconscious blurts out a random phrase, often a complete surprise to me any anyone else in the room who asks what I meant by it, to which I reply absolutely no idea!

I say things like “oh dear” or “oww” out loud, I can’t control it happening, just what I do when it happens.

So, that’s 4 of us, I thought it was something I did.

There must be a name for this kind of ‘mental’. Gets worse when I’ve not been on the bike for a bit.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I do a bit.
    I’m not concerned about it.
    I might say things like “bloody hell that wind’s getting up” or “right – time for a brew I think.”

I don’t think there’s anything wrong or weird about it.
    MINGE!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Walking the dogs at 05:30 I do. I find it the best way to get emotions out or to think problems through. It’s a bit embarrassing when I’m swearing my head off (usually because something’s / someone’s annoyed me at work) and around the corner comes another dog walker. They must think I’m seriously p*ssed off with my dogs.

Clover

No. I talk to the dog.

That’s why, when my dog died, we had to get another. Otherwise I’d be mad.

It didn’t help that I was made redundant last year and have since been self-employed. I spend a lot of time on my own doing research and writing. The dog is my colleague and mentor. I check with her when we need a break, chat, walk outside. She often has great theories. I should probably cite her as co-author.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Do you talk to yourself?’ is closed to new replies.