Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • do politicans do anything before they are forced to?
  • mrmo
    Free Member

register of lobyists.

Following on from abuse of expenses etc.

Do MPs have any idea of how they appear to the general population? do they care? or do they see it as an easy ride and are out for what they can get.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do MPs have any idea of how they appear to the general population? do they care? or do they see it as an easy ride and are out for what they can get.

Yes they do care. That’s why they try to hide the truth from the public.

That’s the ones who have something to hide of course……plenty have nothing to hide.

langy
    Free Member

Given that my Uncle’s son is “one of them” and is a complete tit (imho, obviously 😉 ), who tells us about the Xbox league some of them have when down in Westminster – as in, in chambers, when they should be working – though will spruik on and on about how he was so right to keep calling for the investigation into the NoTW debacle and how right he was about it all, yes, I reckon it is far more about the easy ride than much else, for far too large a percentage of them.

Lifer
    Free Member

Your cousin?

emsz
    Free Member

mate was saying a while ago that politicians should have to wear sponsor logos like racing drivers.

thought it was quite a good idea

willard

Ooooh! A new game appears!

Ok then, who are your fantasy sponsors for your local MP? Mine is Andrew Landsley, so I think his would be Circle Health and the other private healthcare suppliers bidding for work…

Ken Clarke would maybe have the Greggs logo somewhere

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for making all politicians wear their sponsors’ logos on their suits.

No, in general they don’t seem to give a toss about the public who’ve elected them. We’ve far, far too many career politicians these days too.

binners

There are need too many career politicians. All of whom have absolutely zero experience of what ‘normal’ people experience

Example: Andy Burnham the Shadow Health secretary. I went to school with him. He went from school to Cambridge, then straight into Westminster – the labour press office as a spin doctor, then parliamentary secretary, then parachuted into the second safest seat in the country.

So he’s never actually had what most people refer to as a ‘job’. He’s spent his entire adult life within a bubble – the confines of Cambridge Political debating societies, then Westminster.

And he’s like everyone else in parliament, on both sides.

And then we’re surprised when they appear totally disconnected and lets be honest here…. utterly ****ing clueless

The stuff they’re obsessed with, the rest of the country couldn’t give a **** about. Because real people have very real problems to worry about. None of which anyone in Westminster appears to give a flying **** about either.

The disconnect is now almost total!

br
    Free Member
    breatheeasy
    Free Member

Must remember MPs are the cream of the political crop – they’ve backstabbed, crawled, brown-nosed thiee way through the political hierarchies. You don’t get to the top admitting you were in the wrong about anything.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I like the sponsored idea.
    Mine’s Peter Lilley so would be sponsored by Finish Line Winter Lube, or some other product of similar oilyness.

Lifer
    Free Member

I think Caroline Lucas has got some backbone and integrity.

willard

She won’t last then…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

She won’t last then…

So the fundamental problem is the electorate ?

There could be some truth in that. Although the general consensus is that it’s all the fault of politicians.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

we get the politicians we deserve

Lifer
    Free Member

willard – Member

She won’t last then…

Can’t see her losing her seat.

emanuel
    Free Member

I remember a durrenmatt short story,where there was a nuclear war and the high echelons of power were in a huge bunker,giving out orders and reassuring messages by radio.completely disconnected.cut off.
    the winter war I think.
    good metaphor.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘do politicans do anything before they are forced to?’ is closed to new replies.