Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Do I really want a 29er steel Hardtail in SS format?
  • jezandu
    Free Member

No clink sadly it didn’t but the drop outs are swapable. More money to spend *sigh*

jezandu
    Free Member

Khani, no I don’t bother with a bash ring. I like mine bare too but each to their own. Guess if you bashed rocks before might be worth it!

Mikey65
    Free Member

Clink – how’s the ride? Any idea on frame weight?

Have only had time for a short ride as built it up yesterday and working all weekend so unable to give it a proper ride until Monday…feels good at the moment…did not weigh the frame but it doesn’t feel heavy…..no gears, carbon forks and bars etc makes it light enough for me.

Mikey65
    Free Member

slowboydickie – what is the fork you got on that?

Fork is a Prolite..can’t remember the model name, but could post it up if you need it

bish

Of course you do.

Untitled by Bish83, on Flickr
    Never a dull ride.

khani
    Free Member

Here we go..

FuzzyWuzzy

My Genesis Fortitude SS is fun but I’m glad I’ve got a FS as well as it’s pretty brutal on the wrists (although Ergon grips are helping) and not nearly as much fun on technical stuff as a FS (it’s more a case of surviving rather than enjoying rocky/rooty stuff).

takisawa2

Khani, much much betterer.
    Have you ridden it yet ?

Now, just get shot of those daft uppy-downy fork things & jobs a good un’

khani
    Free Member

Cheers 😀 only an up’n’down the road test, it feels ok but some hills will be the tester to see if my knees survive,. It’s loads lighter though. As am I as I’ve recently lost a stone through cutting out the booze and crap….
    As for rigid..nooooo, I like my squishy thingys, and they lock out if needed
    M’old…. 😉

khani
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman…

Now, just get shot of those daft uppy-downy fork things & jobs a good un’

You win…

Please make the pain stop…
    Edit..And thanks to Vortexracing for an easy painless classifieds transaction..

Rorschach
    Free Member

SS pain is just common sense leaving the body.

mattjg
    Free Member

Please make the pain stop…

Quit whining or take up golf.

Cheezpleez

Inbred 29er SS by Charlie Creswell, on Flickr

Really enjoying this. More now I have silly wide bars on.

I moved from a 26in then 69er rigid Inbred SS and it’s definitely different. It’s much smoother and has definite zip once the wheels are turning; the trade-off is less chuckability and playfulness but I’m getting this back as I get used to riding it.

khani
    Free Member

Quit whining or take up golf.

jezandu
    Free Member

Of course it still doesn’t have to be steel…..Scandal rides very well too.

mattjg
    Free Member

Gratuitous pic fest erupts!

Anyway scandium (with carbon seatstays) is the new steel. Except of course, being elements, they existed before steel.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Do I really want a 29er steel Hardtail in SS format?’ is closed to new replies.