Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dnb on a bike
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone dine one? Looks like a larf. I’ve watched every one so far Hoping I can link in with one when I’m back in the UK.

StW dnb neetup?

icic
    Free Member

Saw him at Silverstone, wish I had done the ride with him though, as cycling lap after lap got boring.

We stopped and took photos whilst he was getting setup, chilled dude!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I did the Bristol one, and the afterparty.

Amazing vibe, everyone buzzing, all sorts of people (inc kids in cargo bikes, old people, young people, good bikes, terrible bikes, scooters, roller skates). 99% of the cars seemed to enjoy it, ambulance thought it was mega – loads of smiles and friendly horns, didn’t see a single piece of agro or argy bargy, even when people knocked into each other.

Obviously not as immersive musically as an indoor venue, there’s 4-5 people on bikes with speakers spread up and down the crowd, and signal wasn’t always good.

But riding around bristol with ‘000s others on bikes all having a good time in the sun was really, really awesome.

I don’t think I even caught covid from it!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Brook MacDonald taking a insta clip at 20:40 😅 Saw him at the party after too.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m hoping I can link up when I’m in the UK when I’m over. Fantastic to see everyone having fun, loving the tunes and riding bikes.

Even grey trackie guy. (you know who I mean)

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yep, Also at the Bristol one. It was a right laugh and just a bit bonkers. Great atmosphere. I get the impression Dom was a bit blown away by the sheer scale of what it has become. I think Isaw on FB that he is looking at getting more satellite speakers for future rides.
    There was a small police car stuck in the traffic at one point, the two copers were getting into the tunes too.
    It even made it onto local BBC news!

alpin
    Free Member

I love the guys just nonchalantly having a toke the background.

Looks like fun.

Something Critical Mass should be doing?

TheDTs
    Free Member

I love the guys just nonchalantly having a toke the background.

Pretty normal in parts of Bristol ( Or most cities in UK?) TBH.
    Most outdoor music stuff I have been to in Bristol since the 90’s have had a fairly liberal feel towards weed.

chrisyork

They really are getting huge now, looks like a really good chilled out vibe. I have it on every time I’m cooking to keep me in the zone!

Not done one, wasn’t sure if it would be best turning up on a crapper bike with the risk of dodgy eyes watching out. Without a doubt there are definitely some odd ones on those rides, full balaclava’s and sunglasses on a hot day!!

TheDTs
    Free Member

Didn’t feel like anyone was looking at bikes tbh. I did have a fleeting thought that any of my old stolen bikes could be there though!

chrisyork

It’s pretty awesome to have a format that unites everyone from all different backgrounds, music does that 🤘

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dnb on a bike’ is closed to new replies.