Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • DIY depression
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

c) Overgrown 20ft spiky tree/bush needs a heavy trim, Arbs aren’t interested because its either not a tree, too spiky or both

been there.

long Pole pruning saw / lopper.

I found one with about 3m reach when extended. £30 on amazon.

jobs a good un.

Kryton57

I’ll look at those loppers, thanks.  Now I just need something for Laddusvertiligus…

the-muffin-man

For you Kryton – my list – this doesn’t include all the little jobs… 🙂

Kryton57

So my day off – taken to accompany Jnr to Secondary for his first time walking solo around the streets – has been productive.   The £30 ratchet Loppers came, I’ve carefully lopped 1/3 of the spiky bush with the rest to be done Saturday and mown the lawn, so for the sake of a few hours thats a few hundred pounds saved and a set of loppers  to keep the re-growth back.

Some grass seed/weedkiller combo arrived at the same time as the loppers so thats waiting the next rainy day to be chucked around during the evening before.

danjthomas
    Free Member

There will alway be a list. It like a bottomless drink!

Kryton57

I thought I’d update, things are looking up.

After what seemed a fairly long search we found a Handyman guy.  Not very talkative just turns up and does stuff for a reason price.

So, he fitted the curtain rails properly, supplied and fitted an new door onto the mancave with Yale mortice locks, and supplied an fitted some significantly sized panes of replacement opaque glass to the mancave allowing me to remove the blind to hide the bikes and get much more light in.

During all this he noticed 2 of 3 of our 6ft side gate bolts didn’t match the holes so removed, repaired and realigned the gate for us.

After that, I was googling and had a play with filling some gaps in our sills, which turned out to be a smoother job than I imagined I was capable of, I’m pleased with the result TBH.

Then today some tree surgeons from a well known company were working outside so I took the chance of asking them if they could quote to reduce/trim the very spiky and overgrown 18ft Pyracantha I was on about above.   Bugger me, for a £100 cash payment they did it there an then on the neighbours side too, took about an hour to reduce to 10ft level with the rest of our border shrubbery with a small chain saw then clearing up all the branches into the chipper and blowing/clearing all the debris.  Seems expensive but when you consider is a pretty much professional job with the right tools and disposal of a nightmare bush to work with it was a real result.

Happy days, now to save up for a new bathroom!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘DIY depression’ is closed to new replies.