Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Diverge cassette alignment (scs?)
  • crosshair
    Free Member

Will Prime RR50 v3.0 wheels drop straight into my 2021 Diverge??
    I keep reading about SCS- But have no idea if it’s still relevant to the latest models 🤷🏻‍♂️
    TIA

markgraylish
    Free Member

I have a 2021 Diverge but I have no idea what “scs” means. Should I be concerned?

(I used stock wheels…)

slowoldman

I think I’m right in saying Diverges are no longer SCS. I think the A1 model was the last SCS. Please don’t sue me if I’m wrong though.

Kuco

My original DSW diverge was SCS but I thought new models were standard spec nowadays?

crosshair
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I Insta-DM’d Alex Wild (the privateer mountain bike/gravel racer dude from the TR podcast 🤣) and he said it’s good to go so I’ve ordered some.

I think they stopped SCS around 2018.

footflaps

What is SCS?

Another diverge owner who has just stuck ‘standard’ wheels in his frame.

Kuco

Some weird thing Specialized did but thankfully have now dropped.

Linky

crosshair
    Free Member
    RAGGATIP
    Free Member

The SCS frames had very short chainstays. My medium 56cm model has 415mm stays and makes the bike very fun to ride. But, annoyingly the axle, whilst being 12mm thru-axle is 135mm O.L.D. so similar O.L.D. to the 9mm QR axles, this meant finding a spare wheelset to fit was a problem. The non-drive side hub shell needed its disk brake mount shifting over towards the drive side by 2.5mm to avoid having the brake disc rub the frame.

The drive side of the SCS compatible hub is no less compatible with bikes running 142mm rear ends as any 142mm hub.

For anyone that’s interested I’ve got a set of carbon 40mm deep wheels for sale on eBay that’ll fit the older Diverge SCS version. This sets particularly niche as it has a 15mm thru-axle dyno hub up front, but they’re 12 speed compatible so will work with all the latest 12spd road groupsets. They’ll also fit 142mm axle rear ends such as the newer Diverge model as I’m supplying a 2.5mm spacer for the brake disk and a 142mm thru-axle. They will need redishing for 142mm which I can do on request.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.