Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Ditching Spotify; replace with ..?
  • sweepy
    Free Member

I like youtube as I get the video’s without ads as well, also often a favourite mix of a track wont be on spotify, or youtube music for that matter, but youtube has it on video and you can add that to a playlist.

I’m not a great album listener, lifes too short to listen to the tracks you don’t like

redmex
    Free Member

I used to swop between Spotify and Tidal

The constant stopping of Tidal no idea why and trying to speak to them on the phone wasted too much time and no apology for the days wasted due to constantly stopping access

They always made sure they got their money

When working fine Tidal was much the same as Spotify

branes

Much as I wanted to use Tidal…my experience of it was similar to @redmex … bug ridden with pretty much random charging and access when attempting to set up a family sub.

badgerbater
    Free Member

OK, prompted by this thread I’ve just subscribed to a month’s free trial of Tidal. BTW this subscription will be £12.99/ mth from June, which is more than the pending increase to £11.99 I have for Spotify.  Didn’t realise until the payment part!  Anyway playing the same songs through Tidal and Spotify I cannot decern any difference in music quality.  As I type this, I’ve just noticed my Dac going from 44.1 to 48.0, so certain tracks are streaming in higher quality.  Anyone else perceive a difference? Streaming via Chromecast Audio.

Superficial
    Free Member

YouTube Music for me, though only because I can’t live without YouTube Premium and the music gets lumped in for free.

Two things I don’t love about YouTube Music: 1) no app for my watch (1st world problem…) and 2) it only ever suggests the same stuff I’ve been listening to for years. Really hard to get out of a rut of listening to the same things. However, it works well and has all the music I want.

kimbers

swapped from Spotify to Amazon

no complaints

somafunk

They’ve got find the money to pay for Joe Rogans new Spotify deal somehow, all that bro science and misinformation doesn’t come cheap.

I use Tidal hifi quality and Apple Music, although I rarely use Apple Music as I use roon as a player (Apple music doesn’t integrate into roon), never once used Spotify so can’t comment on similarities

robertajobb

Planet Rock.

Right kind of music and someone else has to use their brain cells to choose what to hear rather than me.

£4 pcm if you want no ads

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.