Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discs in the wet – Pad advice
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I noticed that my brakes were much less effective on sunday (it was muy damp) than I'd have expected. I use sintered avid pads and usually they are one finger lock up either wheel type performers, on Sunday they were two finger I'm still not stopping properly performers. Any ideas on pads for the winter that last more than a few rides??

I use Juicy sevens and they are fine so no brake change advice just pads please!!

Cheers.

colin@rush
    Free Member

If your already running sintered pads there's not a lot more you can do…

Sometimes your brakes just feel like that, i've done a few wet cold rides lately where my brakes don't really feel like they are working and the pad wear is pretty astonishing i think its just a combination of the conditions…

Some people say different make pads offer different performance/wear i've not noticed much difference but have only tried a few brands (clarks-Hope-EBC-Goodridge) all seem similiar to me…

Junkyard
    Free Member

They work best when hot; when it is cold and wet they are not as hot.
    Move somehwere hot or live with it.

silvermatt
    Free Member

So thats a reason to use sintered pads because these heat up faster. That along with the increased abrasion resistance mean the grit and mud doesn't wear the pad as fast.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Oh what a tangled web!

Thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Discs in the wet – Pad advice’ is closed to new replies.