Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Disc brake adapter for 2001 Marin East Peak
  • naffrider
    Free Member

Bought the above beardy bike as it was going cheap.

Very happy with it but want to put a disc on the rear and assumed it had IS mounts – it doesn’t.

Bit of google bashing and there is/was an adapter about, type7 but hens teeth seem to be more common.

Anybody now what I’m after and where I can get one?

Alternatively think I’ll be doing what > this chap < has done and make one myself.

Ta.

therealhoops
    Free Member
    naffrider
    Free Member

Think they’re more aimed at having a disc brake mount in place and adapting it too an alternative disc brake mount/rotor size.

ta though 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

You could get something laser cut. Would be about £5 for the part if you can draw it. The problem would be most laser cut places would have a minimum order unless you are a regular.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

A2Z make a disk brake adapter that bolts to the V brake mount and drop outs, although it only fits flat drop outs i think.

naffrider
    Free Member

Think given there are two decent holes already present (that were the initial reason why I thought it had disc tabs) I’d like something quite neat and simple.

Know a guy who works with a laser machine, might have a word =]

PTR
    Free Member

BETD used to do them, their current adaptor for the Intense M1 looks similar (I have a 2001 Rift Zone), maybe they could have some old stock?
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12870746

zippykona

I picked one up from the Marin importers in Hastings, try them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Disc brake adapter for 2001 Marin East Peak’ is closed to new replies.