Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Diesel news
  • ransos
    Free Member

Um, 3 year old report, based on 4, 5 and 6 year old data.

So the problems quoted have all been fixed since then? Do you have a neutral source?

Edukator
    Free Member

My point was that despite particle filters the pollution under full load is still visible – it’s very fine soot that’s getting through the filter. I find it hard to believe a T6 on plates indicating it was weeks old had already been chipped or whatever; people here are wary of junking the EGR and remapping as there’s a new emissions test from 1/1/2017 (unless it gets delayed which wouldn’t surprise me as it will put about a third of diesels off the road).

molgrips
    Free Member

My point was that despite particle filters the pollution under full load is still visible

Hmm doubt that’s always the case. Some cars might’ve had them deleted or something, but I definitely see far less brown soot clouds when pulling away than I used to.

The fine haze under full load, perhaps – but it’s better than loads of black smoke I suppose.

ransos
    Free Member

The fine haze under full load, perhaps – but it’s better than loads of black smoke I suppose.

Not necessarily – it’s the fine particles that do the damage to your lungs.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Fixed, or tightened up, or clarified. Or completely torn up and (shortly) to be completely redone. Mostly, yes.

Of course not. No one in this is neutral. Everyone is either trying to enforce the regulations, work round them as best they can or ensure they get funding next year.

ransos
    Free Member

Of course not. No one in this is neutral. Everyone is either trying to enforce the regulations, work round them as best they can or ensure they get funding next year.

I wouldn’t rely on the SMMT, or lobbying by Greenpeace, but I would have more faith in an independent report.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Diesel news’ is closed to new replies.