Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Diagnose my Leg Issue IANAD
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

what’s going on here there then

for context, about two weeks ago I woke up feel like I’d had cramp, bit of external soreness, it settled down, the soreness went, on Saturday I’d been walking round Sherwood with the kids, came home, nodded off for 30 minutes and woke up to them arguing, rolled out off bed and charged downstairs, I didn’t trip, fall, or twist anything, about 45m to an hour the pain started getting worse and I couldn’t really walk, I had to drive one of the kids home and it felt like there was a pingpong ball size muscle knot just above my calf, I kept it elevated for the rest of the night, Sunday I went to work in the afternoon, could walk fine, bit of soreness, at some point over the last 24 hours this bruising has appeared, I’m otherwise fit and healthy, no recent illnesses to note, I’m not sure I’ve even been ill this year, any ideas?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I would be seeing my GP asap or heading to A&E if gp isn’t possible tomorrow 

kormoran
    Free Member

id ring 101 and see what they say – potential DVT.

You could do that now

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

kormoranFree Member
    id ring 101 and see what they say – potential DV

At that point no point wasting time on the phone, just head to A&E now whilst it’s quieter.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

111 said to wait for a GP appointment

alric
    Free Member

i had to have a lump like that cut out 50+ years ago

dirtyrider
    Free Member

lumps gone

maccruiskeen

maybe look up ‘compartment syndrome’ and see if it matches your symptoms. Friend of mine had serious issues with it that started with ‘going down the stairs quickly’.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

lumps gone

Because it’s travelling towards your heart/brain?

I would be getting someone who knows what they are talking about to look at it asap (that’s not 111)

A friend of mine had similar symptoms and it was a DVT

MadBillMcMad

If it is a DVT and you leave it, you and your family will regret that decision for the rest of your life and theirs. 

Get it looked at. 

StirlingCrispin

As above – get it looked at.

I have 2 neighbours (living within 100m of my house) who lost young husbands to DVT.

Oblongbob

Could be a Baker’s cyst. Have a google. My son had one. IAMDNAD!

tjagain

99% sure its not a DVT and its not an A&E matter.  GP urgent appt.

My guess is its a minor muscle tear

Medical advice on the internet is worth what you pay for it!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

appointment at the GP this afternoon

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Standards are slipping on this forum.

It’s cat aids. The bad kind, obviously.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

appointment at the GP this afternoon

Who wins the diagnosis prize?

ton

i have had 2 x dvt’s.    neither appeared as a lump, and neither bruised.

also torn lots of muscles in my legs through rugby, never appeared as a lump like that.

hope you get it sorted. worrying about injuries without knowing what caused them is not nice.

Jordan

As said above, Baker’s cyst is a possibility. Mother had one, lump behind the knee, painful leg, cyst burst internally followed by bruising down the leg.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Who wins the diagnosis prize?

GP had a look, said it was probably nothing, then decided to get a second opinion after further conversation with me, other GP sent me with a form up to a hospital ward, bloods done, another assessment by a hospital doc who again said it’s probably nothing, but wait for bloods to come back

shermer75
    Free Member

My money would be on a muscle strain

dirtyrider
    Free Member

No DVT, referred back to gp for a kidney function test

singletrackmind

Don’t think kidney stones appear in your legs , but then I’m not a doctor.

DickBarton

Will be a very heavy stone if so…and if it is a stone be thankful you aren’t pissing that out!!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.