Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dhb merino base layer – anybody tried one?
  • cinnamon_girl

Just wondering if there are any opinions on this. That Wiggle discount looks too good to miss!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OO haven’t seen that, what’s the score? I have an old old Fat Face merino and just got a new embers merino one but always open to good discounts! Sorry I can’t help!

cinnamon_girl

Well, it’s not women-specific and it’s £40. There’s a 20% discount if you spend over £100 and 15% discount on spending over £50.

Thing is, I love my ancient Ice Breaker one …

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just had a look there is a women’s specific one, long sleeved for £35! The reviews look good too. I love my old Fat Face one but just treated myself to an Embers Merino one as they have some in the sale with some funky patterns on.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’d wait- Icebreaker and Smartwool ones usually reduced to £20-£25 just after Christmas

Endura Baa Baa also a good option

cinnamon_girl

I don’t think there will be any left in the Sales! The cheapest I’ve found in the zipped neck style is £50.

Thanks for replies. 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I got a Smartwool top and after 6 hours of wearing it, it had all bobbled and looked about 20 years old. So my recommendation is to stay away from Smartwool. The icebreaker’s look nice but still seem crazy expensive. My fave for the time being is http://www.embersmerino.co.uk especially some of the stuff in the sale. Lovely quality, great service too.

doom_mountain

Icebreaker is pricy, but I think the fit and quality is better than most merino out there.
    Can usually pick it up cheaper end of season.
    Not used embers, will have a peek…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Embers are great Doom! They are a good quality, brilliant service and a little different with their subtle funky patterns. Love them and not as expensive as Icebreaker.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dhb merino base layer – anybody tried one?’ is closed to new replies.