Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 357 total)
  • DH Worlds
  • uselesshippy
    Free Member

OH MY GOD……

martinhutch

And that’s that.

Klunk
    Free Member

wowzers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ernie67

Bloomin’ eck !!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Just ridiculous   Fair play but yeah not a classic !

cookeaa

I reckon he’s pleased…

brads
    Free Member

Holy shit indeed haha what a great day.

reluctantjumper

So good to see such a popular win with the other riders. All those wet Scottish winters riding has just come good.

colp

Looks like a Session….

joelowden

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍👍👍👍

sharkattack

Fair play, he had a perfect run on a day when everyone else was having a nightmare.

I think most people will be happy to leave and forget all about this one.

Same time next week?

Lionheart
    Free Member

To watch the best go down again and again…and the time differences across the top ten.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

What a weekend for the Borders, Isla gets 5th yesterday and now this.!! 😀

snotrag

Yes! Called it on Friday too, just saying!

A unusual race but they can only race what they are given, and it’s fastest man wins, simple.

Brilliant result.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Woohoo!!! Well done Reece.

brads
    Free Member

Except every wee laddie in Scotland that just saw a local boy beat the best haha.

Just shows, all the very top boys struggled to even stay on in the mire.

qwerty
    Free Member

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🌈

jimmy

Great stuff, what a ride.

colp

Reece bossed it all weekend, well deserved

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Half term holiday here next week too, Glentress and Inners will be hoachin’ with wee rippers..! 👍

AlexSimon

Yep – not as if it was a total surprise – people were tipping him for the win since the first practice day. Troy looked as if had the speed tbh – shame he couldn’t keep it together.
    Rémi Thirion’s run was a wild ride! Glad he scraped 3rd.
    Lots of other good brit performances too.

Roll on Maribor!

tails
    Free Member

What was in about at the end? Did he almost pack in racing? Lucky he kept at it. Would have been nice to see Trummer win and I was rooting for Brosnan when he was up but always felt he was going to hit the deck. Hope he continues the form into a solid season! Is he trek factory?

matt_outandabout

Half term holiday here next week too, Glentress and Inners will be hoachin’ with wee rippers..! 👍

So true!

Brilliant news.

Amazing to watch the world’s best struggling to keep it upright.

molgrips
    Free Member

I missed some of it but my wife said there was one section where he jumped something that everyone else rode and that gave him a bit of speed which he carried through?

brads
    Free Member

The coverage was a bit poor actually I can’t locate his full run anywhere and they barely showed a fraction of it during the coverage.

crumpsbutts
    Free Member

Yeah it was hit and miss, some shown as almost full runs and others not. I’m guessing they do not have 100% coverage of every rider so we may not get to see the full run. The commentors kept being suprised at the split times because some significant slip-ups happened off camera.

pothead
    Free Member

The coverage was a bit poor actually I can’t locate his full run anywhere and they barely showed a fraction of it during the coverage.

^^^^^^^^

Hopefully they got the whole run on camera, straight from the first few turns to being almost 8 seconds up near the end of the new woods on the live stream, nothing of the stump section or the top of the new woods

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Jesus. That was impressive by everyone who considered attempting it but Reece? Darn.. nice work dude.

colp

Hopefully they’ll use the same new sections for the World Cup round next year, it will be amazing in the dry.
    Don’t know if they are going to open the line up to the public but that would clear out a lot of the fresh dirt and bed it in.
    If they do my lad will insist on towing me in off the new gap, I’m already sweating.

ogden
    Free Member

Load of tosh. Well done Reece!

pictonroad

So good to see how much it meant to the lad. Lovely stuff.

huge kudos to every single person pointing a bike down that hill. Every one is a total hero in their own way.

Northwind

colp

Don’t know if they are going to open the line up to the public but that would clear out a lot of the fresh dirt and bed it in.

Just stick a sign at the start saying CLOSED and drag some trees over it, that’ll make sure it gets plenty of traffic

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, I think the lower order riders must’ve been sent down at closer intervals, because who cares about them eh? Shame, but presumably necessary to fit it in to a schedule of some kind.

euans2
    Free Member

Classic race and well deserved win for Reece, it showed the riders who are capable of riding in all conditions, there is no surprise that GB and in particularly Scotland done so well in both Woman’s and Men’s categories in the DH and also in the woman’s XC race

stanfree
    Free Member

Well done Reece , what an inspiration for young Scottish riders to have a Borders BASE lad winning the world champs. Seems a very grounded lad from what I’ve heard from people who know him . Greg Williamsons run also looked really good in the woods section and was surprised who was only in 7 th.
    My next ride in my head Ill be Reece wilson but in reality more like Jocky Wilson.

brads
    Free Member

I asked earlier, but really, has anyone seen someone sit on the podium for as long ? How many riders after him ? He must have been a nervous wreck by the end !.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Amazing.

Also, what a thoroughly nice guy Troy B is, he was fantastic with Reece at the end.

Such a popular winner, well done big lad! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

wordnumb
    Free Member

No punctures that I noticed, unless Farina stabbed her front tyre with a twig off camera to get the wheel spinning again.

brads
    Free Member

Did you see that ? Locked solid with mud !

fingerbang
    Free Member

Remi thirions wild ride is worth a watch. 1 hr 26 on the replay I think

The race really showed that you’ve gotta keep those mud tyres spinning, the faster the better. Big gulf between the women, who didn’t have the speed to clear the mud off and really struggled in the woods particularly when the the tyres stopped moving for one girl, and the men.

Anyway, fantastic result for Reece. So chuffed for him

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 357 total)

The topic ‘DH Worlds’ is closed to new replies.