Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 357 total)
  • DH Worlds
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey that track looks a bit tricky. The track walk pics look terrifying on PB.

sharkattack

Yeah it looks absolutely ruthless.

That’s what you get for whinging about Leogang being a bikepark track year in, year out. Forecast snow for Sunday as well!

I’ll watching and correcting their technique and criticising line choices from the comfort of my living room.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

One extreme to the other with Leogang. This is one race I will watch, looks like its going to be a banger/carnage 🙂

jimmy

What telly is it on?

scuttler

Red bull tv

pothead
    Free Member

BBC showing it as well afaik, I’ll be watching on redbull tv, looks like the new section will be a absolute carnage by Sunday and I can see a good few going around the gap

Trimix
    Free Member

I looked at the XC course, that too looks very difficult and the lap I saw was from a few days ago when it was not so wet. So both the XC and DH will be a slipfest.

May suit those from the UK (and Franc a bit) who actually ride/train in wet conditions quite a bit. Whereas those poor Californians wont stand a chance with mud and wet roots, chain or no chain 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

A lot of riders Insta pages have been swinging between “oh this will be fun!” to “We’re going to die aren’t we?” and that’s whilst the weather is ‘good’ it’s 15c-20c there at the moment and has been dry the last few days (that I’ve seen) it’s going to be 6c and snowing Sunday.

sharkattack

This just popped up…

snotrag

Yep, some good stuff on the SC syndicate feed with Peaty and Minaar. Some of it looks pretty gnarly. Some of it also looks pretty British too – handlebar straddle down a soggy chute of doom anyone…!?

BBC showing it as well afaik, I’ll be watching on redbull tv

Wait – doesnt the BBC showing it mean we get a bloody geo-block on the Red Bull coverage in the UK again? (I hope not!)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

No mention of Hart… another Champery…?

pothead
    Free Member

Wait – doesnt the BBC showing it mean we get a bloody geo-block on the Red Bull coverage in the UK again? (I hope not!)

Its listed on redbull tv for the uk as well, think bbc coverage is on the red button

P-Jay
    Free Member

No, it came close a couple of years ago, but RB streamed it live in the end.

reluctantjumper

Wyn looked scared at 7.45, so many tress to hug!

A lot of the riders are worried I think, it really isn’t going to be the BikePark track they were fearing.

snotrag

Tracy Hannah:

“Its gonna be catastrophic”

I cannot wait to watch this now, its gonna be utter bedlam.

Whos gonna win?

Sven Martin:

“F**king anybody dude”

bigfoot
    Free Member

for anyone on facebook Greg Minnaar has just put a video of a run up.

sharkattack

It’s all fine everyone. Blue skies everywhere

colp

I have never seen mud before and after the bridge jump at the end of the motorway in 8 years of riding there!

reluctantjumper

From the wall ride down just looks ridiculous. If it is wet that is going to be utterly bonkers. a real test of technical skill and on-the-fly line choice as it’ll be different every run.

Cant wait!

snotrag

Said this back at the start of the year when we thought we might get a full series across Sept/Oct ish…

I know that all the Worlds riders are clearly brilliant and far more skilled than us lot will ever be, but still this has gotta play into the hands of the British guys, the French and Canadians too who have grown up and gone through the ransk doing regionals and nationals on shitty, muddy, sloppy courses for years…

alpin
    Free Member

Generally speaking, it’s surprising how few people can actually ride in the wet.

Think this might be a weekend for the Brits

lawman91

Will be carnage! VitalMTB posted their RAW vid this evening, makes some of the best look a little scared! Reece Wilson looked pinned though, the line he takes and speed he carries through the stumps section half way down is nuts! Visually way, way quicker than most others through there, he gaps a huge section when most a just struggling to ride through it!

sharkattack

Been waiting all week for this. It actually looks mint. I thought it was bordering on unrideable which would have been horrible to watch but it looks like they’re figuring it out.

pictonroad

I hope they’ve not made it too gnar. 😬 It’s appealing to see riders tested in theory but it doesn’t make for great racing if they’re scared and crashing.

Manon Carpenter’s interview on pinkbike about the different venues trying to ‘out gnar’ each other and how it doesn’t translate to the racing was a great insight.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Looking good another proper mudder. You don’t want to be going sideways on the take off for that big gap!

Not much racing this year but did anyone watch EWS Zermatt? Really good compare and contrast POV footage of some ugly wet terrain from Bernard Kerr (struggled) and on-form Jesse Melamed (ripped through it).

fingerbang
    Free Member

God there’s some brilliant riding on that vital edit.

snotrag

Reece Wilson looked pinned though, the line he takes and speed he carries through the stumps section half way down is nuts! Visually way, way quicker than most others through there

Reece Wilson was also the only rider who when interviewed and asked if he was worried, basically said: “No its awesome, like racing a Scottish national, cant wait”

snotrag

This bit – https://youtu.be/6cCFHM-Dt-A?t=246

Pretty sure thats the voice of Greg who just says “there you go!”

sharkattack

Today is timed training and some of the teams on Instagram have said that if the race can’t go ahead for any reason on Sunday then the results from today will decide the winners.

The weather forecast hasn’t gotten any better with constant rain predicted for Saturday and Sunday with a chance of snow.

This could be an amazing race, or a complete bummer.

lawman91

That’s the one! Insane compared to the rest, a few others look to have tried it, but most failed! Could be a real dark horse. Brits could dominate, though Finn Iles also looked pretty quick.

weeksy

any Coverage on-line Shark ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Looking good for Vali. If its heavy snow on Sunday she’s got it.

The Men will be starting Quali soon.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Men’s Quali is under way, they seem to be taking it seriously with the chance the race may get cancelled and Quali results will stand.

endomick
    Free Member

The way 2020 is going, I’ve got a bad feeling about this one.

weeksy

where you watching it guys ?

andykentos
    Free Member

https://www.tissottiming.com/2020/mtbwch/en/uci/Stage/3/live

Only get the timings.

Think there was a crash and track closed. Guess Wynn masters and a few will get a rerun, shame as masters looked on a half decent run

orangespyderman

Watching the timing I’m looking forward to see the footage. Some riders have obviously made mistakes (some big ones) and we’re now getting a few big names starting to take big chunks out the previous best times… This is going to be a belter – hope we get a race.

EDIT: and living in France I’m a bit biased, but what a group of men’s elite racers they have… Arguably, strength and depth like no other nation right now?

sharkattack

This link will be updated as the full results come in. Looks like the men are just finishing.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/qualifying-results-leogang-dh-world-champs-2020

Vali stomped the women’s field.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Vali stomped the women’s field.

I’m not sure stomped is the right phrase. She as a couple of seconds over Tracey and Tahnee isn’t looking that bad. Lets hope for a race on Sunday when it really be just go for it as there will be no second chance, I reckon there would have been a few riders not giving it 100% today in case they crash to hard to race on Sunday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 357 total)

The topic ‘DH Worlds’ is closed to new replies.