Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • derek_starship's belly update
  • toby1

Have you been back for a check up on that? There's bruising and then there are missed in A&E internal issues! Seriously though it looks more than just bruising now.

I too have felt the pain of absolute top of pedal stroke to floor fun, I bent the skewer and the shaft, think I still have chipped bone hanging around in my elbow too!

pstokes99
    Free Member

I'm with Toby1 on this one – I think I'd get that looked at by someone with medical qualifications.

grtdkad
    Free Member

I have just shown this to my son and scared him to death!
    …but gotta say d-ship, do us all a favour and get yourself back for another check…

RustySpanner

Derek, I'm really surprised no-one's mentioned it yet, but there is a really serious question that has to be asked after any accident, especially one with serious implications, such as this one.

Is your bike OK? 🙂

roper
    Free Member

It really can't do any harm getting a second opinion or at least go back for a check up. The quicker you heal the quicker you can get back to riding again. Not to mention feeling more comfortable and in less pain. It's your health so take care.

polarisandy
    Free Member

get well soon. i think you said on original post you had an US of abdomen.
    ignore the playground comments, par for the course on stw.

Ambrose

looking pretty good now, keep on taking (and posting) pics so that you can look back at them in the future and remember the 'good old days'.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs Starship here, Derek is no longer allowed out on his bike unless it's a ride in our back garden and he is wrapped head to toe in bubble wrap – good job I love him, he keeps showing me his bruise and I feel faint…! 😕

Trampus
    Free Member

LOL, Mrs S! Best wishes to Derek, heal well and swiftly.

Ambrose

Imagine the popping noise if he had been wearing the above-mentioned bubblewrap at the time of the crash… 😉

shoefiti
    Free Member

I don't know if bubble wrap is the way to go, you'd fall off once and pop one, then you'd be addicted and want to keep falling off until you were all popped out.

BTW i'd get to hospital quick smart if i were you before you get septicemia or some such nasty, that is not right, i've had some hideous injuries, broken legs, arms, collar bone, but never EVER had bruising like that.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Mrs S here again, Derek didn't mention (for fear of going for a further sympathy vote) that I had just come out of hospital following spinal surgery. So we've both been ooing and ahhring everytime one of us turns over in bed for fear of hurting each of our wounds/injuries. We're sharing some good s**t painkillers though! 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

PS have told Dek to get to hospital again. But he said 'what, because everyone on STW said I should?'
    And I agree with you all. But I keep having to look at him pulling his t-shirt up and going 'ooohhh' Mrs S

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Definitely worth a second check at A&E, they missed my broken ankle and sent me home with instructions on how to exercise it. I went back three days later to get crutches and something for the swelling and they rushed me through for x-rays and observation.

One of the nurses event snuck in a photocopy of the notes from my first assessment and said I should keep a copy of the documents in case I needed them.

Now I am permanently lame with a dead bone in my ankle that is gradually crumbling. All because they missed a broken ankle and sent me home to do exercises.

backhander
    Free Member

Shit the bed!

69er
    Free Member

WCA is right. A & E missed a (not very serious) broken bone in my wrist so get it checked out if your still having symptoms or Mrs d_s thinks you should go.

If they don't take you seriously just sit on them 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Woo Hoo!!!

Someone has said I am right about something!!!

zaskar
    Free Member

Looks like blood capillaries and bruising.

If BP is ok then just take it easy till the swelling is gone down.

Ice for 10 mins?

alpin
    Free Member

ouch.

take it slowly….

miketually
    Free Member

Ouch, hope you heal up soon.

looking at the pic, i reckon ds has a bit of frontal padding like me…
    just think what the damage would have been if he had been a skinny bu55er

I reckon the bars would have missed me 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

DS – Mate, you should paint you bike that colour!

Sounds like it's all fun and games in the Starship household right now… 😉

Get well soon, both of you!
    🙂

justme
    Free Member

where did you fall of i know holcombe well but was wondering exactly where g

genesis
    Free Member

OMG that looks painfull, its like when I bust my collarbone and the entire left side of my torso turned a mottled purple, green and yellow!

juan
    Free Member

Wow you really should get it check again…

just think what the damage would have been if he had been a skinny bu55er…

Less "padding but less impact too 😉

markenduro
    Free Member

Ouch. As said already, go get it checked out again just in case. Get well soon to both of you, it's not fun being in ain like that.

singletrackmind

Are you sure you didn't force open a large jar of Beetroot and accidently pour it all over yourself after some paintballing fun?

I would take loads of pics, and try as Nick did ( Hey Nick , Hows the new job)to get a copy of the original notes, just for reference in case it bursts and an Alien ( or 2 ) pops out.

Sorry, I am fecktard sometimes.

davidrussell
    Free Member

someone ate the terminator.

zaskar
    Free Member

See your GP just in case.

Take pics daily so you can print the pics out like playing cards and flick through as you go from bad bruising merging into bruise free in seconds!

paul4stones

My wife is worried about you derek – how you doing?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks for all the concern you lot – and your wives/partners. I'm okay. Much appreciating the Zapain that my GP prescribed. 30 of codeine and 500 of paracetamol. Lush at bedtime.

I can't wait to get out and ride. My wife however wants me to have my bike melted down.

She insists I get some abdo protection. Any sugestions?

She is VERY serious about this.

DS

Hairychested
    Free Member

To put it blatantly – get your bum to a doc, it looks awful this tummy of yours. And don't repeat such crashes any time soon, please.

Toddboy
    Free Member

Derek – MTFU 😆

Seriously though, that looks bad, hope it gets better and you can ignore your wife's wishes and you can get out on the trails soon.

Ps. make sure your bike is locked up, just in case she melts it down!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I very much doubt there is any internal bleeding – spleen or whatever – that kills in hours usually.

I have seen bruising like that before – he will have bust a blood vessel a bit bigger than a capillary

If your belly is getting bigger go get it checked tho.

user-removed
    Free Member

Lightning never strikes twice – so I wouldn't worry about abdominal armour. Does it even exist?

You could spend your life dressing up as robocop and still break your chin – better to accept the risks, perhaps go on a skills course and enjoy riding.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘derek_starship's belly update’ is closed to new replies.