Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Delights of living in a rural area, crap broadband & no mobile signal moan…..
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mbs? Lucky if I get tripple figures kbs at my parents (rural south Derbyshire).

olly2097
    Free Member

Cheeky mobile signal booster with Yagi aerial from eBay. Point the station the direction of the nearest mast. Boom!

Went from zero signal to full 3g with 7 Mbps download.

Highly illegal but when your paying EE and three a combined bill of 70 quid a month for no signal ill do what I can.

My Yagi is hidden in the loft, booster in lounge. Works awesome.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Highly illegal but when your paying EE and three a combined bill of 70 quid a month for no signal ill do what I can.

Is it? Why? Does it deprive all other users of their signal, suck all data into your vortex?
    This country’s daft sometimes, never more so than with broadband and BT’s monopoly. The govt should be auctioning the right to provide fibre, or something.

olly2097
    Free Member

Apparently it can cause noise and interference. But there is no signal without it…..

5k fine and a year in jail…

CountZero

In Bristle my 4G connection blows the broadband out the water. Just use my iPhone as a wi-fi hotspot

By contrast try getting even 3G in the centre of Bath! Chippenham has pretty much 4G across the whole town now, with wifi across the town centre, yet a city like Bath has bugger-all cellular, and zero wifi.
    I wonder if it’s because BANES are too snobbish to allow their city to be disfigured by phone masts… 😕

mt
    Free Member

Openreach/BT are just crap and constantly talk rubbish. Due to the purchase of EE by the aformentioned usless company, we now live in an area with no alternative to BT. It’s tough in the countryside.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My folks have mobile issues on most things except vodafone out in rural Northumberland but the phone line upgrades mean they can watch streaming TV and all that just fine and skype etc. may just be you managed to piss off the wrong person 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Delights of living in a rural area, crap broadband & no mobile signal moan…..’ is closed to new replies.