Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • decent backpack for children (6 & 8)
  • petrieboy

I’m planning many outdoor adventures with my boys for 2017 and i’m after a pair of backpacks for them. they wont be carrying much more than a compass, map, notepad and sweeties so need something compact. so far all i can find is either stuff for bigger children or stuff with dora the explorer on it.

can anyone suggest anything “just like dads” but for little ones? and whilst we’re at it, any interesting “outdoor” stocking filler ideas? (already have compass, whistle, lanyards for orienteering maps )

fasthaggis

I have used the Exped backpacs with our kids when they were wee.They are drybags with straps and very light.

fasthaggis

Oh,and they can roll up and go in Dad’s bag if they are only carrying lunch stuff.

smashit
    Free Member

If the Exped ones ^^ look good you could try the cheapo Craghoppers version:
    http://www.craghoppers.com/15l-packaway-waterproof-rucksack-black-0-9.html?gclid=CJ7UoLX6zdACFYcp0wodK-UKNw#b

fasthaggis

Good one smashit.TBF I only got the Exped ones as they were doing a deal at my local climbing wall at the time.
    Decathlon have some cheap options

Edit> snap iam 🙂

petrieboy

Brilliant, thanks guys. I did look at decathlon before but didn’t find those somehow. They look perfect!

swavis

I got my 4 & 6 year olds these

They’re well chuffed, and the bags are much bigger than the mini mules we looked at

ads678

My 6 & 8 year olds have those decathlon ones. They’re a great size for little ones.

Dueter one looks nice though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘decent backpack for children (6 & 8)’ is closed to new replies.