• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by benman.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DE Shaving set. Free, but postage required.
  • HughStew

As my hands and fingers are so weak and have lost most of what little co-ordination they had, I can longer use my DE razor, and associated kit.

I have:

• DE Razor. It’s a Merkur of some sort, German made but I can’t remember the model.
    • Classic brush
    • Stand for the above items
    • About 45 “Astra” blades. I find these the best for my skin.

Free to anyone as long as you pay the postage, and I would appreciate the recipient making a donation to a Motor Neuron Disease charity

Pictured below:

DE Shaving kit

Reply to this if you are interested.

muddyjames
    Free Member

Ive been thinking about trying one of these for a while so interested. Am i going to lacerate my self though?!

Sorry to hear of your deterioration. It’s an awful disease.

goldfish24

Looks like a Merkur 23c to me.

get yourself some shaving soap to go with it muddyjames, watch some YouTube vids to learn how to use it and you’ll love it. Some minor blood loss may occur as you learn I can’t lie 😂

you or someone else will do well to get this at postage only and our good OP will have one less bit of clutter.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I completed the Nottingham Outlaw some years back to raise money for MND as my wife lost her mother to it.

Got into the DE shaving at Christmas and really liking it. Have to agree about the Astra blades, certainly my favourites so far.

the-muffin-man

Am i going to lacerate my self though?!

You may get a few nicks when you first start, but I now shave as fast as I ever did with my old Mach3. It’s not as scary as some people make out.

My routine – soak the razor and brush in hot water. Then I have a shower to soften face, then shave.

And all the best HughStew

spooky_b329

My choice of blades too.  I tend not to spill blood if I am absolutely not rushed at all!  And less razor burn if I shave after a shower.  I’ve got a cheaper gillette DE which is not as close which I use if I want to have a quick shave before work or if I’m trying to shave in a mirror that is too small/far away as you often get at campsites or in my camper!

Drac

Absolutely the best blades. I ordered some alternative ones because I couldn’t get an Astra ones. I changed the razor thinking something was wrong with my other one, it was the blades. Unfortunately my Merkur died a few years ago, it fell apart for some reason. Bought a cheap alternative to see my by and it’s been just as good and lasting longer.

sadexpunk

sorry to hear about your condition mate, sounds grim.  if muddyjames doesnt have it i will, just let me know and ill sort out postage and donation.

all the best.

BillMC

That looks like a nice badger’s brush. Not cheap.

HughStew

@ muddyjames: I’ve sent you a message. Getting a DE razor was the best thing I’ve ever done for my skin. Be careful for the first few shaves, but once you get the hang of it, it’s quicker, cheaper and better, the the multi-bladed tomfoolery.

benman
    Free Member

Seems a lot of love for Astra blades on here – anyone want to do a blade swap? I have 68 Astra blades left, and I don’t get on with them. I’d prefer something sharper (like Gillette Yellows) if anyone has some they would like to swap?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.