Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Day2 of a cold, best way to prevent a chest infection?
  • Keva
    Free Member

So I woke up on Sunday night coughing and spluttering with my throat feeling like someone was dragging barbed wire across it and then rubbing it with sandpaper. Spent all day yesterday with snot falling out of my nose like a high speed waterfall and hardly able to breathe. Today I feel much better but I’m wheezy and can feel the infection spreading down to my chest. I’m supposed to be driving 150miles to Rhayader tomorrow and riding all day Thursday, then driving south to on Friday and riding all day Saturday. What’s the best way to try and prevent a chest infection and are my chances of riding this week realistic?

Drac

Lots of movement get those lungs moving, don’t sit around feeling sorry for yourself as you have a sniffle.

joao3v16
    Free Member

The usual stuff … eat well, stay hydrated, keep warm, don’t over-exert yourself physically, plenty of rest, good nights sleep etc

If it were me I’d abort the Thursday ride plans.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Take it very easy.

Just about recovering from a chest infection myself – taken a week off work on some serious anti-biotics. It was a pretty brutal one!

KonaTC

As a long term asthmatic I have suffered my fair share of chest infections/bronchitis

Best advice I can give is; get plenty of rest, drink lots of water it makes coughing up the mucus (lung-crap) easier, if you have any aches or pains then in my case paracetamol (ibuprofen is an asthma trigger for me). I enjoy a honey/lemon drink as it seems to lubricate the cough.

If your symptoms stop you in your tracks Dr’s appointment straight away

Flaperon

Avoid strenuous exercise. The only time I suffered from a truly appalling chest infection was after I did a long and tiring ride while nursing a cold.

beefheart
    Free Member

MTFU. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Day2 of a cold, best way to prevent a chest infection?’ is closed to new replies.