Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Day out with Jedi at UKbikeskills and my boy and buddy. Awesome !!!!
  • weeksy

Today, goes down as one of those massive days in life with your kids. We went over to jump school at Jedi. It was awesome.

It was my 2nd time there, about 3 years or so between the last visit and i was a little disappointed that i seem to have lost a little of what he taught us that time. Even early on doing the log of wood up’n’over which my lad completed despite being only 11 years old and what is the youngest person who’s completed the task in all his years of teaching (proud Dad moment that)

We moved onto the jump with my lad saying “I’ll just do the easy ones, the big ones are too scarey daddy” with him then going on to launch the table top and the gap jump at the far end of the field.

Then clearing the jump at the end of the berms after practicing cornering (The jump i bottled and wouldn’t tackle myself ! )

He then wanted to do the ‘wall’ and Jedi showed him the technique, which my lad then went for and took on with ease, then said “Well, if i go down that northshore there i can do the jump then the wall?”

Errrrrrm sure mate LOL Proper crazy, even though this wasn’t his hardest jump of the day, i felt due to the northshore, the shading of the trees and then the wall after, it was maybe his most technical. He certainly impressed me.

Myself, i had a brilliant day, but more from watching him that my own riding, i did OK, but was slightly disappointed at not taking on some things i think 3 years ago i’d have had a pop at. I think we’ll have to have another pop at it.

Crust was epic and despite his years being 60+ now the boy is a machine and cleared his Bugbear jump he wouldn’t take on last time there… massive cojhones there from him, really impressed !

More pics here.

Si, Steve And Son

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gMQBsQ]2019-08-01_07-41-45[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Is that Jedi who was involved with Herts North Shore/Chicksands?

If so he is a really nice bloke and a bloody talented rider to boot.

tomhoward

Yeah it is.

lewis75
    Free Member

Nice one, defo proud dad moment!
    And nice to have something positive after the other days “e-bike” rant/yawn

mcnultycop

Great bloke, really helped me a lot when I had a one to one.

kimbers

Love those vids

Jedis top & that’s some good dadding weeksy !

weeksy

Thanks fellas. I’m not the only one on here who has child/dad crossover of interests, but i am 100% aware of how lucky that makes me ! It’s absolutely fantastic being able to mess about with your lad in a field of jumps !

Even if, a little terrifying watching him !

funkmasterp

Nothing to add other than 👍🏼

twistedpencil

Ace, went back with my lad last year. He nailed all the jumps and I couldn’t jump like I did when I went on my own.

I suspect that there was a nagging thought in the back of my head not to spanner myself in front of him that held me back.

Tony is ace. I will be going back soon as I want to do the wall ride 😁

jedi

I really enjoyed coaching you guys. Enjoy the alps

Tracey

Looks like he was having a great time. You cant beat family days especially when they are bikes and jumps involved.

funkrodent

Remember watching a Jedi vid back in the day where he was explaining that the technique for a one foot and a ten foot drop is essentially the same, it just comes down to mental attitude as much as anything else.

I’m never going to be launching myself off anything that’s ten feet (or anything near that) but have found that focusing on technique dropping off kerbs etc on my commute has helped my biking. However off to BPW in a few weeks and know that I’ll refuse stuff I’m capable of riding. Maybe need to get a session with Jedi for my birthday..

jedi

Good plan

slowrider
    Free Member

Just get booked in. Changes your riding for life, no matter how good you think you are.

racefaceec90

fair play to you all 👍

even though i have been riding for over 40 years now my bike handling skills are still terrible lol.

i would love to go on a bike skills course one day,just not having a car and saving the cash is the issue atm (not complaining about the cost for tuition i must add).

one day i will do it 👍🚴😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Day out with Jedi at UKbikeskills and my boy and buddy. Awesome !!!!’ is closed to new replies.