Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • David Beckham £14000 a night hotel…something not right about that
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21531422

he does a lot of good work for “charity though” its wrong to be spending that amount surly !

shows real class…

wrecker
    Free Member

His money, he can do what he likes with it.

jam-bo

I often wonder whether anyone actually pays the amount or its just another marketing ruse.

I stayed in hotel recently and the sign behind the check in desk suggested the daily room rate was £300. I was paying about 25% of that…

jam-bo

I often wonder whether anyone actually pays the amount or its just another marketing ruse.

I may have exaggerated how often I wonder.

mikey74
    Free Member

He’ll be staying as a long-term guest and therefore would have negotiated a special rate.

I really don’t see why people have a problem with rich people who have earned their money spending it.

It’s basically got nothing to do with you. Let them do with it what they will. **Are you going to begrudge me spending my paycheck as well?

**Disclaimer: My monthly salary is probably what Becks earns a minute.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

It’s basically got nothing to do with you. Let them do with it what they will. **Are you going to begrudge me spending my paycheck as well?

YES !

His money and of course he can do as he likes i never said he shouldn’t I personally think its wrong

wrecker
    Free Member

It would be hypocritical of me to point a finger at people spending money on things I deem too expensive.
    I have two bikes worth over £3k each (one well over), which many would deem excessive (obviously we know better 😀 )

convert

You’d hope a 5 month stay would get you a pretty immense discount off the daily rate – best part of £100K a week would sting someone with even Beckham’s wallet.

wukfit
    Free Member

i wonder if a lot of these places just see him coming and charge through the roof for a laugh?

legend
    Free Member

wukfit – Member
    i wonder if a lot of these places just see him coming and charge through the roof for a laugh?

you really think he phone’s them up to book it?

brodie
    Free Member

Its a good thing isnt it?

Hotel uses money to pay staff, staff use money to buy things those businesses use that money to pay staff etc. Everyone wins.

lazybike
    Free Member

He can give the reciept to his accountant…… 😉

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Trickle down? The hotel employs people, pays taxes etc… Its his money to do what he likes with.

cranberry
    Free Member

its wrong to be spending that amount surly !

Please spend the weekend gathering all the receipts that you have and listing what you have spent in the last 5 years. The State Committee For Deciding What UnfitGeezer is Permitted to Spend on Individual Items will be auditing you on Monday morning.

You might ask – why me? Why should I be audited? Why should someone else decide what is permissible for me to spend when its my money? Who should decide what I spend if not me? Who’s business is it anyway what I do with the money that I have earned?

Good questions, all of them. Very good questions indeed.

vinnyeh

hope all his salary is going to that charity, not salary after expenses, which is the usual trick..

Drac

I really don’t see why people have a problem with rich people who have earned their money spending it.

Playing football and earned a pay check of millions, yeah not sure that’s classed as earned it. However, it’s the way the sport is and although I think it’s wrong it won’t change as long people pay £100s to watch it and but tacky team strips.

br
    Free Member

The room includes a Roller and driver too.

Look for the recent TV series about Claridges, same kinda type of hotel.

Euro
    Free Member

What services could the hotel possibly offer to justify those prices?

dingabell
    Free Member

I could think of some, but it would have to involve Holly Willoughby and a vat of chocolate sauce.

Euro
    Free Member

You’d still have 13K left (if it was expensive chocolate).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its the fact we have starving people and people dying from preventable diseases whilst he has enough money to do this that i find both distatesful and hard to defend.
    Once you get to this extreme of wealth no one has trully “earned” it.

br
    Free Member

Hmm, didn’t realise he’d inherited it and/or taken it as a corrupt Govt Official like many.

Parents, a kitchen fitter and hairdresser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Beckham

Nope, I reckon he’s EARNED his money.

radoggair
    Free Member

Its the fact we have starving people and people dying from preventable diseases whilst he has enough money to do this that i find both distatesful and hard to defend.
    Once you get to this extreme of wealth no one has trully “earned” it

we will always have starving people regardless if everyone in britain is a millionaire, its how the world is unfortunatley. You also have to be pretty fair to someone like Beckham, he’s probably negotiated his wage so therefore giving it to charity is brilliant. Do we hear of Richard Branson etc doing this. He’s also been a pretty decent role model on how to use celebrity status, i wish alot of others would do the same

Kevevs
    Free Member

If that’.s true, it seems enourmously wasteful and extravagant thing to do when that kind of money can really change many peoples lives overnight. Raddogair- microsoft bill gates is giving all his billions towards wiping out polio not living it up in fancy hotels. What an example he sets for the uber-rich!

Junkyard
    Free Member

we will always have starving people regardless if everyone in britain is a millionaire, its how the world is unfortunatley

It is not inevitable.
    Mankind has chosen to distribute things so iniquitously that this happens and it is within our power to stop this.
    If we gace away the weath of the richest 100 people I imagine that would be enough to end it tbh

Kevevs
    Free Member

Hopefully bill gates’ philanthropy and altruism will set an agenda to make rich people feel a bit guilty about the huge numbers in their accounts. How much money does one person need?

wrecker
    Free Member

microsoft bill gates is giving all his billions towards wiping out polio not living it up in fancy hotels. What an example he sets for the uber-rich!

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but gates is giving some of his money to polio research but nowhere near all of it, and he’ll still be magnitudes richer than beckham.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Yeah well, it’s the thought that counts 😉 maybe he’ll keep 1bn just in case

RustySpanner

**Are you going to begrudge me spending my paycheck as well?

No, but you should be flogged through the streets for the use of the word ‘paycheck’, unless you are actually are an American.

In which case, you have my sympathy – it must be awful for you.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Please spend the weekend gathering all the receipts that you have and listing what you have spent in the last 5 years. The State Committee For Deciding What UnfitGeezer is Permitted to Spend on Individual Items will be auditing you on Monday morning.

No problem on your desk 1st thing monday morning !

CountZero

Hotel uses money to pay staff, staff use money to buy things those businesses use that money to pay staff etc. Everyone wins.

Absolutely.

Deary me, the politics of envy! Perhaps you really ought to berate the (frequently) obscenely wealthy leaders of the countries who squirrel away billions of dollars while their people starve, and fight wars on behalf of the despots who involve them in those wars.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Cool, is it time to berate obscenely wealthy leaders already! Ok, i’m in!

franksinatra

If I had his wealth I would stay in that room and bloody enjoy it as well. no apology from me!

brodie
    Free Member

Robin Hood style wealth distribution isnt going to solve the worlds problems, that binman proved that by blowing a multi million lottery win in just a few months.

If someone works hard to earn a wealth then why should they share it with someone who spends every day in the pub?

hora
    Free Member

The Beckhams thrive on brandBeckham.

Go figure.

samuri
    Free Member

It’s not so much I’d mind what he spends his money on but you’ve have to be a complete berk to spend that sort of money on a hotel room no matter how much you earn or how good it is. You really would have to be very simple indeed.[1]

[1] I’m not saying beckham is thick. Unless he really has spent that sort of money on a hotel room.

wrecker
    Free Member

I bet his whore bill is HUGE

tonyd

Pretty sure I saw a thread a while ago where someone mentioned Becks’ eldest wearing a £10k watch and how extravagant and reckless that was. Turns out it’s the equivalent in percentage of salary terms to me buying my kids an ice cream.

If he wants to blow £14k a night on a hotel room so what? It’s nothing to do with us. Even the bleeding hearts must be able to find someone more deserving of their scorn.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Deary me, the politics of envy!

Deary me indeed. What laziness to immediately slap down anybody who complains about inequity in society by labelling it “politics of envy”. Have a word with yourself.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s all relative innit. I’m sure that there are many people in the world who think that the hundreds of pounds you spend on food every month could feed them or years.

How much is ok for a very rich footballerista to spend on a hotel room?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘David Beckham £14000 a night hotel…something not right about that’ is closed to new replies.