Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Data Protection/Insurance company/personal details etc
  • cinnamon_girl

Would appreciate hearing experiences of anyone who’s had their personal details passed on unknowingly. Of particular interest is how you dealt with it.

Briefly I was involved in a car accident, my insurance company organised car repair, car hire etc and other party admitted liability.

I have been plagued by calls on my mobile from various ‘agencies’ and eventually they stopped. They’ve started up again, 4 times per day Monday to Friday, every week.

I contacted my insurance company to explain, they said we don’t pass on details. I said well nobody else knows about the accident so it’s come from either the garage or hire company that you’ve dealt with, your responsibility you sort it out.

Have now received a letter saying they’ve investigated and it’s not them. I’m pi$$ed off to put it politely and am determined to persue this.

Has anyone had any dealings with the Financial Ombudsman which appears to be the next step, or I could contact their CEO. I’m not letting this go!

Thanks in anticipation of some brilliant advice. 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Data Protection/Insurance company/personal details etc’ is closed to new replies.