Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Dartmoor Posse do Snowdon & Stuff – Sunny Photos
  • slugwash
    Free Member

Some of the Dartmoor Posse took to the trails of North Wales for a four day road trip. It would've been a bit longer and with a southern tentacle but torrential rain washed Brechfa off the agenda. We couldn't have wished for better weather on the Monday though when we did Snowdon. Smashing. That local IPA was good too. I've forgotten the name of the brewery, Ogwins or Ormes or something, Anyway, I'll be going back again for a few glasses of that stuff and some more Snowdonia trail action 🙂

Tim41 pushing up the Llanberis Path

Shinythings near the summit

Shinythings on the Rangers Path

Snaps

Stone-age man woz 'ere?

Ooh, it's almost as technical as Dartmoor in places!

Rangers Path

Anna on the last climb of the day.

Tim41 on the Marin Trail

I don't care if it's edible. It ain't going near my mouth!

Coed y Brenin

Cliche shot

Jim also has an evening job in a Prodigy tribute band. The hair needs a little more work though.

More here if you can be bothered……

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308384@N06/sets/72157622408676643/

trailmonkey

jealous ? nah……

'stids 😈

that looks like a wookie's paw print on jim's head.

Burchy1
    Free Member

'stids 😈

+1

Glad you guys had a good weekend, looks like some good weather aswell.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Brill x 10 and in a lifetime we'll be lucky if we repeat weather like that!

That was an interesting cologne you left me Slugs 8O. Great pics mate, still buzzing now. Now I can get in the bathroom, gonna get my hair gel and try and replicate that 'do

TM, Tim will be along in a bit with a rare shot of a Wooky's graveyard! No bull!

Dave, you would have been proud of me and Tim having full on chases around the Beast, it was getting a bit out of hand on Uncle Fester 😀

Shinythings
    Free Member

Oh, and to you STW'ers. You really should put Snowdon on your tick list, it's worth the pain.

Del

good work fellas. looks marvellous.
    out tonight Jim?

Shinythings
    Free Member

Knew I shouldn't have let you know I was off today Del 🙄
    Depends if Bikestylebilly has got his days off. Might be doing it thurs/Fri if he has.

woodsman
    Free Member

That looks ace!

Del

i was already primed Jim. you can do it tonight AND thursday and friday you know? 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I live in Bovey so why wasn't I invited 🙂

Shinythings
    Free Member

Well I live in Bovey so why wasn't I invited

Didn't know you wanted to. We mentioned it on here.
    Certainly not a closed shop. There are always trips in the offing seeing as how Dartmoor is so crap 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lucky things. Well done chaps.

knottie8
    Free Member

that looks fab.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Very nice indeedie Slugwash/baktrian camelskuttle just been through all 77 shots & you have some fantastic big country shots there & I'm very jealous too. 😥

steviegil
    Free Member

Superb Photo's guy's 8)

dartmoor_rocks
    Free Member

looks great but not better than dartmoor though eh

tim41
    Free Member

Fantastic pictures from mr slugwash. Finally got my pictures up, here's a few

the way to the top

slugwash and shinythings getting near to the summit

the new cafe

Anna begins the the ranger path descent

The Ranger Path

Starting to get loose and sketchy

Lots of rocks

Shinythings

Slugwash and Anna

Snaps

Concentrate!

Group photo

monkey or wookie? slightly scary either way

More here

Fotopic seems to be playing silly bu99ers. Some of the pics should have been rotated but haven't. I've given up for now.

allthepies
    Free Member

Every time I've been up Snowdon there's been zero vis at the top.

'stids! 😀

snaps
    Free Member

Great ride guys – defo up for doing North Wales again soon, but you didn't miss much TM – its just like Dartmoor with a few extra stones up top 😉

Shinythings
    Free Member

A gang of earthlings must have cornered the wookie before he could assault one of them!

Nice shot of you 'giving it large' there Tim

freeform5spot
    Free Member

will be riding down the Llanberis path on Saturday night! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

handyman
    Free Member

Have ridden down from top of snowdon in march deep snow was a 3 hour push up the sno was so deep you could stand a bike up in it but it was only 35 mins down

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Did Snowdon a couple of weeks back. It really is superb. Great pics guys. Here are a couple of mine:

The Rangers Path was hilarious technical fun.

Shinythings
    Free Member

First shot is a corker mate!

It's a shame there is that one section that's not clearable on the Rangers (for mere mortals) 'cos it's about as good a 'not built for biking' trail as you'll see.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers. I really like the first one as well. May get it blown up.

I agree about that section on the rangers path. It's a shame you get to know the path and it's too far to push back up for another go.

slugwash
    Free Member

@scott_mcavennie2, I saw your first picture in Ti29er's 'Riding Snowdon 09 October' thread last week and was thinking of it as we pedalled (& pushed) up to the summit. It helped get me up there, cheers! I was glad that we had clear weather for the trip 'cos the views were amazing, it looks like you had more dramtic weather with those low clouds and stuff, nice photo's.

@handyman,

Have ridden down from top of snowdon in march deep snow was a 3 hour push up

I think it took us nearly three hours to get to the top on a sunny autumn day!

@tim41, [mutual_backslapping] great picccies Tim [/mutual_backslapping]

(I'll get that Avid bleedkit to you by way of Jim unless you want to pick it up from Totnes sooner)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

@scott_mcavennie2, I saw your first picture in Ti29er's 'Riding Snowdon 09 October' thread last week and was thinking of it as we pedalled (& pushed) up to the summit. It helped get me up there, cheers!

Pleased to help!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Posse do Snowdon & Stuff – Sunny Photos’ is closed to new replies.