Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dartmoor Hornet 650b
  • Leigh2612
    Free Member

Evening!
    Apologies if this has been asked previously (I did ask the search..!).
    Has anyone got, or had any time on the new 650b hornet? I don’t love my Packwood 29er so considering jacking that and my YT in for a hardtail 650 for a few months, I’ve just had sprig number 2 so not anticipating any big rides for a few months.
    Any experience on the hornet frame much appreciated..!
    Thanks
    Leigh

bikeneil
    Free Member

Dartmoor who?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t let jivehoneyjive see that website

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Also available from slam69 and possibly some shops with less gash names…if that helps

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I’ve got one, but running with 26″ at 150mm, so it’s a bit steeper due to the fork. That works alright for me as I ride to the trails and don’t mind my climbs.

It rides really well in my opinion. Corners well, and the reach is fairly long, so you can run a short stem on it and still have room to move around. It also feels pretty stable in the air, but it’s only recently that I’ve tried some decent jumps, but I’m getting confident pretty quickly. It is really stiff at the back too, which makes me confident to push myself, but some might not appreciate it on longer rides.

Doesn’t weight too much and has a lot of mud clearance at the back which is handy this time of year. Paint’s a bit thin, but I guess that stops it being too heavy. It does everything fairly well, so you shouldn’t be limited by it for the majority of things.

It is pretty slack though, so with the 650b fork being longer anyway(longer lowers), I’d try it with 150mm over 160 so it still handles nicely. I’m running a 150mm Pike and don’t feel like I need more.

TL:DR highly recommended, schralp-capable, hardtail that does most things pretty well. You should probably get one.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Giantbiker,
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    What is TL:DR?
    Thanks!

bikeneil
    Free Member

TLDR. (Internet) too long; didn’t read. Used to indicate that one didn’t read the whole text.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

New one on me! Every day is a school day, thanks!

sazter

I have one and love it, I also run it with 26″ wheels as I bought the frame and transferred the parts. Mine has a 140 old school pike on the front, I considered bigger forks, but again I had those already, and it’s spot on for me. It gives me confidence and it loves being pointed downhill, I am faster on the hornet than my YT wicked, it just feels right for me.

I am a 5′ 6″ female with short legs if that makes any difference…

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Sazter…thanks. Coincidentally I’ll be taking bits from my yt wicked to go on the hornet.. !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Hornet 650b’ is closed to new replies.