Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Damp proofing Harrogate
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

Hi

Looking for a company to do a survey and sort out damp.

Any other help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Rivett
    Free Member

What, all of it?

Mugboo

Sounds like a big job.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You know the principal reason the town exists is the water literally comes out of the ground?

alexpalacefan

Don’t under any circumstances trust a damp remediation company to do the survey.
    You’ll end up with a useless injected damp -proof course without doubt.
    Find an independent surveyor or a builder you can trust.
    APF

CountZero

What, all of it?

My very first thought when I read the headline! Gonna be a big recruiting campaign for engineers…🤣

Cougar

What Alex said, especially if you just “want to get a man out.”

Rising damp is largely a myth. Anyone who comes and sticks probes in your walls, those meters are designed for wood not plaster. Most causes of damp are either inadequate ventilation or tracking from elsewhere. With the wealth of information provided in your OP it’s difficult to comment further. What’s the problem?

I Am Not A Builder.

poolman
    Free Member

Go for the easy wins, maintain all gutters and clear drains. I m just treating all stone with stormseal, repointed mortar. The house had damp in just 1 north facing corner so trying these things.

chickenman

Rising damp being a myth is internet bollocks I’m afraid as capillary action works in brick and stone like it does in plants, stick a brick in a bucket of water to find out for yourself rather than belive nonsense you’ve read online. Whether injection cures rising damp is another question.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.