Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dalby Forest Trail Conditions
  • jamieandangela
    Free Member

Is is rideable now?

fackit
    Free Member

Is it ever… I like the epic length of dalby but the surface is usually poor from my experiences.

jamieandangela
    Free Member

has the snow and ice shifted yet or is it not possible to ride the trails?

munkeymadness
    Free Member

the dalby website said that the forest was still closed to walkers and bikers (checked yesterday as was planning on a trip there today)

gil_

Trails are still closed

Anybody that thinks different will have to face the roth of the FE rangers, as I found out 😳

Hopefully partly open next weekend pending the thaw

jamieandangela
    Free Member

Ah fingers crossed….Angela and me are due to go done Lockton for a week long break starting next Saturday and it takes approximately 7 minutes to ride from the holiday cottage to the start of the trails. We were hoping to get a few rides round the red trails so fingers crossed.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Why is it closed?
    It was fine over the whole Xmas period (26th – 30th inclusive).
    Can't be snow as it was thick snow over Xmas and it was perfectly manageable for everyone I saw out riding.

andywarner
    Free Member

It's health and safety gone mad i tell ya!!! nevermind – good excuse to get out on the moors.

robyzf1
    Free Member

i found Dalby a bit of a let down. I raced there in 91/ 92 and the course was awesome, using all of Dalby's height gains. The trail there seems to stay at one level and doesn't flow that well. Yes, there are some gems, especially the bits around Dixons bike park but, and I know the moors aren't the mountains of Wales or Scotland, but they could have used more. Don't get me wrong, there's some great riding in the Yorkshire Moors, but they could make it as good a destination as Coed y, Glentress, afan etc. It has that potential

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Ti29er….. quite an expert on promoting the use of trails that are covered in manky snow and slush.It would be nice if people listened and just waited a while until the trails are snow free and drained off. Dalby hasn't got the best surface conditions I know but "its what we have and it needs a bit of respect, please"

Ti29er
    Free Member

?
    It's a trail center.
    All weather trails. For the use of.
    Are you telling us it's a 3 season set up, because if it is, then there should be some signage.
    In the absence of any such signage, or similar, then I see no reason to not to ride.

When I was out riding the FC-manned booth at the entrance took my £4 without hesitation. The trails were thick in snow and those that weren't were perfectly ride-able.

Are we to wait for the trails to dry out and be snow free, as you are telling us, because, I have to tell you, no such notices were posted out on either the red or the blue routes when I was there over those 4 days?

gil_

The trails are signed as "closed" at the start of the trails in Low Dalby

The Forest drive is signed as "Road Closed" from an further than the visitor centre, so in theory you cannot start at Dixons Hollow and for that matter the car park up there is covered in snow

The trails are full of fallen branches and in some cases small tress, I should know I was moving half of them today

Offically they are closed and you will be told that on entering the forest

I am posting this for peoples benefit, not to start an argument!

gil_

Is this your kind of riding…

Ti29er
    Free Member

No problem.
    If we're told, we will stay away.

I think the disparity lay in the fact that on the December web site it said Dalby was closed over Xmas, but the booth was open and taking people's money, the bike hire and café et al were all open for business and the car parks had plenty of cars parked up indicating that there were many people using the forest for recreation. Just the Visitor Centre seemed deserted.

Thanks for the update.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dalby Forest Trail Conditions’ is closed to new replies.