Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Daily mail founded on a lie
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just discovered this and found it a little amusing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Harmsworth,_1st_Viscount_Northcliffe

Alfred Harmsworth had four acknowledged children by two different women. The first, Alfred Benjamin Smith, was born when Harmsworth was seventeen; the mother was a sixteen year old maidservant in his parents’ house.[8] Smith died in 1930, allegedly in a mental home.[9] By 1900, Harmsworth had acquired a new mistress, an Irish woman named Kathleen Wrohan, about whom little is known but the name; she bore him two further sons and a daughter, and died in 1923.[10]

So shagged the house maid, got her pregnant, teen age mums and all, then got a second mistress had some more kids, all while having a wife as well.

Wonder what the Mail would have said about that?

Junkyard
    Free Member

one was an immigrant as well

br
    Free Member

one was an immigrant as well

Nope, still GB then.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

im·mi·grant (m-grnt)
    n.
    1. A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.

“Irish woman” suggests that she came from a country called Ireland.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Ernie does that make all the taffs and scots in the uk immigrants then? Because that immigration is out of control and we need some urgent measures to keep the revolting (devolution talk etc) scots out!
    What do you reckon, apply for a mahoosive EBRD loan, big infra project just what we need to kickstart the (english) economy, rebuilt ‘ the wall’. Need to extend it round the corner tho. to stop them seaking out and knicking our oil mind boyo.

Concrete and brick not very envio. friendly so what do we reckon straw and lime mortar or old tyres and rammed earth?

*these happy pills are good sh1t*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland hasn’t been part of GB since the area now known as the Irish Sea was flooded. I’m not sure the land mass was even known as GB back then anyway.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ireland was part of the UK at the time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m not sure Ireland was part of the UK. It was part of the Empire and a subject nation without parliament or self-determination. I’m a little hazy on it though and open to correction.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It was the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

It’s now of course the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as the Brits done a deal where they could hang onto the wealthy industrial bit of Ireland, at least it was at the time of partition.

sugdenr
    Free Member

since the area now known as the Irish Sea was flooded [\quote]

Yup global warming will do that, where next do we reckon? The Kernow Sea?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Fairy Nuff. I’ll go and re-swot my history. 😳 Anyway, we sorted it all out a couple of decades later. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Kernow Sea?

With any luck… 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Daily mail founded on a lie’ is closed to new replies.