Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • cyclocross tyres
  • rOcKeTdOg

kenda SB8?
    conti twister?

what's good?

firestarter
    Free Member

i use bonty jones 1.8 😉

simondbarnes

I'm running Conti Twister 32s. Seem to have worked well in the 2 cross races I've done this season. The rear has a bit of a split in it though so am currently looking for a replacement. Maxxis do some nice cross tyres so might have to give a couple of them a go.

firestarter
    Free Member

i used to run schwalbe cx pro's which i thought were great and more recently just been using cheapo land cruisers . til i got the big beasts fitted 😉

Coleman
    Free Member

I run Kenda Small Block 8's in dry conditions and Panaracer Crossblaster's when muddy.
    I've also used Schwalbe CX Pro's and Conti Twister's on an mtb for crossing.

anokdale
    Free Member

Coleman – would you say the Schwalbe CX Pro are as strong puncture resistant wise as the Land Cruisers if you have tried them that is. Slight hijack sorry.

firestarter
    Free Member

no they are not as strong mate but weigh much less tho are not as good on road sections

anokdale
    Free Member

Mick – Cheers nice one,

terrahawk
    Free Member

twisters are great tyres.

crazy-legs

Schwalbe Smart Sam on mine, did the Three Peaks on them and they were fine but I'm yet to find out how they hold up in mud! They seem a good all round tyre though.

anokdale
    Free Member

Crazylegs i did the 3Px on the standard Peaks issue tyre LCs, found them very good but wanted something i could use all year round with a bit of tread for off road when it gets a bit damp and also the puncture protection of the LCs,if it exists, they are one tough piece of rubber and not pop star money as well.

boxelder

Cindercross are pretty good all rounder

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I've used SB8 in the dry and mud and they were superb. I've never tried a bigger treaded cross tyre though. I think the narrow width of cross tyres cuts through the gunk regardless of tread pattern. Cheap too compared to Schwalbe.

euroboy
    Free Member

Dude! no one has mentioned michelin cross mud 2's THE best clincher for loose to muddy conditions in my opinion. Panaracer crossblasters are good and vittoria cross evo's look tasty too or get some deep section carbons and some dugast's.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

LCs for 3 Peaks and Commutin
    Mich Muds for.. mud
    Conti Twister for 'sticky'
    Maxxis Locust for dry

gingerflash

I quite like Maxxis Raze.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘cyclocross tyres’ is closed to new replies.