Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Cyclist with an Air Horn
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

I did chuckle at this, but on the other hand, he seems to be enjoying himself a bit more than he should.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/07/cyclist-fits-air-horn-bike-get-pedestrians-way-7612335/

martinhutch

What a prize plum. Who says punishment passes should be restricted to white vans?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I really wish the last guy had smacked him a bit harder.

Bez

Heh. Already had a four-page (so far) barney about this one on the CTC forum 😀

(Me being of the opinion that Air Horn Guy is a massive twunt.)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Made me laugh. N<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>ot as good as this bloke though.</span>

bob_summers

Thought it was going to link to a Dom Joly sketch 🙁

dissonance

Definitely a twunt. Several of those there really wasnt any need and the rest better ways of handling it.

That last bloke I am guessing was in the cycle lane because the pavement had been sacrificed for building works.

Bez

Maybe I should make a compilation of the times I roll up behind people and say “morning, could I squeeze past? thanks” and everyone gets along just fine, and see if that gets any traction 🙂

hols2
    Free Member

The old Shimano parallel push rim brakes used to howl like an 18 wheeler making an emergency stop. Just as effective at scaring old ladies, but fractionally less likely to make people realize what a knob you are.

DezB
    Free Member

Good man. Clever solution to his problem. Problem with ignorant morons.

But how could a cyclist possibly be right on here eh.

matt_outandabout

Dom Jolly?

njee20
    Free Member

The old Shimano parallel push rim brakes used to howl like an 18 wheeler making an emergency stop. Just as effective at scaring old ladies, but fractionally less likely to make people realize what a knob you are.

Carbon rims can also do similar, and be more bling.

Massive ****.

Drac

Yup Matt that about sums the prick up.

Bez

Could I suggest that the title “Cyclist with an air horn” would be better as “Arsehole with a bicycle”? 😉

rogermoore

Might as well be Dom Jolly, last one where he gets a ‘slap’ looks staged to me.
    RM.

monkeyboyjc

Pedestrians have right of way. End of.

As others have said, twunt.

poah
    Free Member

pedestrians only have right of way once they are crossing the road and only when it is safe to do so.  right of way doesn’t mean walking down the road looking at your phone or crossing in front of someone.  Granted some of his blasts were unnecessary.

cynic-al
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>poah
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

pedestrians only have right of way once they are crossing the road and only when it is safe to do so.  right of way doesn’t mean walking down the road looking at your phone or crossing in front of someone.

</div>

Not really. You can’t just cycole into them.

Drac

Looking at your phone doesn’t take your right of way errrr away.

patriotpro
    Free Member

At least he had the balls (and wit) to do something as opposed to bitching on here…

They won’t forget it will they…!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Would have made a much more interesting experiment if he had tried a bell first and only blasted the people who ignored it.

*orders air horn*

Bez

At least he had the balls (and wit) to do something as opposed to bitching on here…

What, so someone goes out and aggressively blasts people with a horn from close range, and he gets credit because at least behaving like an arrogant, sociopathic turd is somehow more worthy than sitting in a chair typing something? (Which you’re also doing, obviously, presumably waiting for home time so you can go outside and do something ballsy and witty like shout at people in the park?)

martinhutch

What’s wrong with shouting at people in the park?

Bez

While we’re here, is anyone questioning why our horn enthusiast is apparently a new arrival on YouTube with a single video already licensed by a viral marketing company and containing material that’s absolutely perfect for antagonist media sources such as the Daily Mail’s sock puppet above?

No, didn’t think so. Maybe worth a sniff, if it’s a ballsy and witty enough thing for you.

funkmasterp

I love this place. Somebody posts a relatively harmless cycling related video and within about three posts OUTRAGE!

poah
    Free Member

or we don’t give a shit and just laughed at the vid

patriotpro
    Free Member

I reckon Bez has been blasted with the air horn and he’s still not calmed down.

funkmasterp

I laughed too. Then felt like a bad person after reading the comments 😅

Bez

I’m not angry; I’m just disappointed 🙂

poah
    Free Member

I’m disappointed as well – not enough horn blasting

maxtorque

That’s not a horn, THIS is a horn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYN8F4D_lUo

😉

taxi25
    Free Member

I laughed too. Then felt like a bad person after reading the comments.

There’s your mistake. I laughed but would never dream of reading YouTube  comments !!!!

rogermoore
    stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Air zound horns are only 6.99 on CRC currently.

maxtorque

RM, that is indeed some good big horn!  😉

(lovely old stationary engine driving the compressors, and beautiful clockwork timer too, proper ‘dibnah’ spec! )

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have an airzound it doesnt live on a bike but its good fun. I had a proper agressive hand held on horn from a driver. He looked a bit surprised when i saw his sad little tooter with a full to empty blast of the airzound.

Northwind

Wouldn’t even be mentioned if it were a car doing the same.

ta11pau1

Good on him. London pedestrians are the worst species, completely in their own world oblivious to signs or lights or traffic around them. If you don’t have a loud engine an air horn makes a good substitute!!

https://youtu.be/JF5xDqDzng8

And if therest no pavement the sensible thing to do would be to walk on the other side of the road where there is a pavement, not walk IN the road! 🙂

funkmasterp

I laughed too. Then felt like a bad person after reading the comments.

There’s your mistake. I laughed but would never dream of reading YouTube  comments !!!!

It wasn’t the YouTube comments, it was the fun police on here!

Bez

HOOOOOOOOOONK

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK

that’s the sound of da fun police

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist with an Air Horn’ is closed to new replies.