Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Cyclist with an Air Horn
  • fossy

Just google ‘traffic droid’ if you want to see a real nutter

el_boufador

Well me and my mate Richard did the air horn thing in 1995 in Macclesfield town centre.

It was awesome, one woman dropped all her shopping out of shock.

Im so, so, sorry!

mattyfez

Pedestrians are ignorant in cities, you can’t even walk in a straight line without barging through a group of people walking 3 or 4 abreast who refuse to change direction.

There’s some brilliant YouTube videos where some guy fitted his car out with a heavy duty train horn in America, he just drives around and hits the horn at certain moments and the results are hilarious.

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

From the Highway Code regarding pedestrians…

<h3 id=”rule8″>Rule 8</h3>
    At a junction. When crossing the road, look out for traffic turning into the road, especially from behind you. If you have started crossing and traffic wants to turn into the road, you have priority and they should give way
    <h3 id=”rule12″>Rule 12</h3>
    Bus and cycle lanes. Take care when crossing these lanes as traffic may be moving faster than in the other lanes, or against the flow of traffic.

He’s still a bit of a dick tho

Bez

Though see rules 112, 147 and 170. (Not that I’m a fan of certain chunks of the HC, but the above rules all broadly come under General Life Rule #1: Don’t Be a Dick.)

tjagain

I understand his frustration but he has used his horn not to warn people of his presence but as a big shout of ” get out of my way”

Riding along a shared use path once on a fairly narrow bit about 2 m wide – a chap was walking in the same direction as me right in the middle.  Ping the bell 30 m away- no reaction ping again 5 m away – no reaction .  As I came up behind him I could see he was wrapped up in music playing thru earbuds.  As I came up behind him I shouted ” excuse me”.  He nearly shat himself.  It made me laugh and my only other options were barging past him so close he would have complained or waiting behind him

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

If he had just used the horn and not opened his mouth it would have been funny!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Riding along a shared use path once on a fairly narrow bit about 2 m wide – a chap was walking in the same direction as me right in the middle. Ping the bell 30 m away- no reaction ping again 5 m away – no reaction . As I came up behind him I could see he was wrapped up in music playing thru earbuds. As I came up behind him I shouted ” excuse me”. He nearly shat himself. It made me laugh and my only other options were barging past him so close he would have complained or waiting behind him

Happens every time I ride to work. I’ve gave up with the bell, it’s always either folks with headphones or folk with big hoods in the rain, neither can hear me.

Pedestrians are the least spatially aware people on shared paths. Even worse when they have a shite machine on an extendable string….

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist with an Air Horn’ is closed to new replies.